Chief Engineer is responsible for the effective daily leadership of his/her staff, managing the engineering program to the highest level of quality work and customer service as well as the administration of the engineering department in alignment with the management team, the client engineering platform, and client expectations. The Chief Engineer will perform at the highest of ethical standards, reflecting the core values of the client as defined in its Business Code of Conduct, Policies and Procedures Manual, and other related company policies. Responsible to plan, implement, coordinate, and supervise all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs for assigned properties. The Chief Engineer may be required to perform limited hands on operational duties and is not precluded from performing Watch Activity
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervise engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training, personnel development, etc.
* Ensure performance management, coaching, and development of team members through established HR processes and disciplinary actions.
* Participate and coordinate annual scheduling and execution of the Client Safety Program as directed by Asset Services/GOS, Engineering Leadership, EH&S Administration, and so forth. Responsible for 100% Compliance at his/her site.
* Manage operational accounts for building, including variance reporting, as required and assist in development of operating and capital budgets
* Utility Management such as tracking use, consumption, cost, reporting, comparison models, sub-metering, budgeting, variances as directed by Management and/or Leadership.
* Conduct regular inspections of building systems and equipment; identify and resolve issues.
* Assist in maintenance/engineering issues as required
* Recommend and implement improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an ongoing basis.
* Develop, implement, and maintain an effective preventive and predictive maintenance program for task scheduling, routines, and performance. Program to include procedures for annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly and other scheduled maintenance as provided by the manufacturer's recommendations and/or industry best practices.
* 7+ years of related work experience in a commercial property setting or any similar combination of education or experience in the operation, installation and maintenance of building systems with in depth technical understanding and knowledge of all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and control systems.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
* Vocational/Technical training certificate
* Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses
* Universal Technician for CFC's depending on market licensure requirements
* Financial knowledge necessary for reading and understanding budgets, budget variances and basic reporting as required by management
* Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming and fire alarm systems