About the opportunity
We are looking for a Chief of People to own the development of our People function to support our rapidly growing organization that already includes over 200+ team members on 3 continents. You’ll bring vision and the experience to cultivate a high-performance culture while acting as a thought partner to functional management, providing guidance and strategic execution for leadership development, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, engagement, compensation, organizational change, and performance management. You will also lead our efforts to promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
We are looking for someone who can scale these and other programs to keep up with our rapid growth while staying true to our values. You will manage our HR Manager, Head of Talent, and full cycle recruiters and will be immediately resourced to further grow and evolve the team. You will be a member of the senior leadership team and report directly to our CEO.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead Company’s People Operations team, building a trusted, high impact org.
- Develop programs to support recruiting, onboarding, performance management, continuing education, and employee feedback.
- Serve as an advisor and partner to the entire organization to continually improve our employees’ experiences.
- Partner closely with our internal counsel, finance, and marketing teams.
- Oversee various HR platform services, including benefits administration.
- Manage our facilities to drive consistent employee experience.
- Centralize employee communication for consistency throughout the organization.
- Manage our online presence for employee branding on social platforms, our company site, and internal tools.
- Develop policies and programs to ensure equitable hiring processes and build a diverse, inclusive, safe, and respectful workplace.
- Provide leadership and execution in compensation and career development best practices.
- Identify, track, and improve metrics identifying the health of our team.
- Drive and support continuous improvement in our work practices as a champion of change management.
- Cascade values throughout the org, fostering a culture of candor, open communication, and cross-functional collaboration.
- You have 7+ years experience in People Ops and HR across early stage startups and larger at-scale organizations. You have a particular strength in supporting rapidly scaling, performance-based cultures.
- You’ve recruited and managed a high-performance People team but are happy to roll up your sleeves and be a hands-on contributor to start.
- Thorough understanding of relevant employment laws and regulations and how to practically apply them in the workplace. Beyond just legality, though, you will act as a true advocate of employee safety and security in a fair, tolerant, and respect-driven workplace.
- Experience effectively fostering a diverse and inclusive culture.
- You’re an expert at synthesizing and crafting compelling employee value propositions and ensuring they are lived on a daily basis.
- You bring effective collaboration from the tactical to strategic, capable of leading major initiatives or offering support and consultation.
- You’re able to make decisions based on data and set quantitative goals.
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be.