Commute to the IRS Paper Processing facility in Austin, TX to provide office support. Duties include but are not limited to clerical support and file maintenance by working with file materials applying various work methods and procedures.
Base Hourly Pay + Weekly Stipend for all out of area employees that live 30 to 120 miles from job site:
- Located - 30 to 59.99 miles from job site = $550/weekly stipend ($1100/bi-weekly; $2200/month) + Hourly rate.
- Located - 60 to 120 miles from job site = $800/weekly stipend ($1600/bi-weekly; $3200/month) + Hourly rate.
*Residents less than thirty miles from job site not eligible for weekly Stipend.
Work Location: Austin, TX
On-Site Shifts Available:
M-F 5:00PM to 1:30am
** Hours Can Vary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general clerical work including filing, sorting, batching, or grouping documents.
- Extracts mail from incoming deliveries
- Retrieves documents from files, file documents, associate documents with existing files.
- Stamps documents with information such as received dates and numbers.
- Prepares documents for scanning according to instructions including but not limited to carefully removing all staples from the document, and repairing rips, tears, or large holes.
- Prepares paper tax returns for numbering and transcription, pen and ink changes on paper returns as well as other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- A total of one (1) combined year of previous work experience preferably within a clerical, mailroom, material handling other work-related environment to the listed essential duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use a computer at a basic level.
- Ability to maintain established records and files.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- The ability to lift up to 25+ lbs. and standing for long durations of time are required.
- The ability to successfully pass a federal background check and drug screen as a condition of employment
- Can travel daily for the work week.
- Have a reliable means of transportation to commute to the job site on a weekly and / or daily basis
- Work is performed primarily in a climate-controlled office environment.
HEALTH & WELFARE BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 401(K) match up to 6%
- Employer-provided life insurance
- Health, dental and vision
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training opportunities
- Exposure to a large government agency and top 125 federal contractor
*Take-home pay dependent on employer provided benefits and benefit package(s) selected
The Following Federal Regulations need to be met:
- Must be Federal tax compliant having both filed and paid any taxes due in a timely manner or be on an approved payment plan with the IRS and be current with payments.
- Must have an acceptable FBI criminal history fingerprint and name check.
- Must have two forms of identification from the Form I-9 to complete a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process.
- All males born after 1959 must be compliant with Selective Service Registration law.
- Must consent to credit history check resulting in acceptable determination by the Government.
- Must complete Standard Form (SF) 85 and Optional Form (OF) 306 questions 1, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16 and 17a via eQIP for Government review.
- The ability to successfully pass a federal background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Cherokee Federal is a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. As a trusted partner, the Cherokee Federal team of companies manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, engineering and manufacturing and mission solutions portfolios – ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to cybersecurity, cloud and logistics.
Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our 3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why Cherokee Federal? Visit cherokee-federal.com to learn why you should join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation.