Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The Clinic Operations Assistant performs a wide variety of duties associated with patient services. This position is responsible for all components of the patient experience are ranging from patient in-take, office visit, patient close-out, and appointment scheduling.
- Provides customer service to patients in person and via phone. Greets patients as they arrive and ensures appropriate paperwork and accompanying documentation is completed and collect for patient chart and billing
- Inputs and updates patient demographic information in RIS and collection of patient payment
- Schedule routine and follow-up appointments. Reviews all incoming faxes and routes to the appropriate area of the clinic
- Prepares daily balancing report for money collected
- Informes, the technologist when a patient is ready for the procedure and ensures that patients are informed of wait times longer than 20 minutes
- Files and sorts reports and charts fax patient reported to the referring doctors and specialist and provided verbal reports via the phone system
- Assists physicians’ offices with CD/report requests and ensures timely delivery to their office while maintaining information in a secure and confidential setting
- Burns CD’s from PACS for requests received. Scans manual reports result in PACS for permanent storage. Assist Radiologist by finalizing the approved reports
- Prepares all encounters and patient charts for the next working day. This includes ensuring appropriate orders, and lab results have been received
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
WellMed at Bexar Imaging is near NE 410 Loop - North Star Mall and Jason Deli, 78216
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience working in a medical office
- Computer Literacy
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 1+ years of experience working in a radiology clinic or department
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Working knowledge of Excel, and Word
- Speak, read, and write in Spanish
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. WellMed is a network of doctors, specialists and other medical professionals that specialize in providing care for 550,000+ older adults with over 16,000 doctors’ offices in Texas and Florida through primary and multi-specialty clinics and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.