Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic stat that understands and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Directs, supervises and coordinates staff and activities at assigned clinic to ensure the delivery of quality patient service. This position ensures staff complies with all regulatory initiatives and policies and procedures and works with senior management to support effective clinic operations. The Clinic Operations Coordinator will also provide support to clinic staff in the absence of the Clinic Administrator.
- Supervises assigned personnel to ensure quality patient care, including forms and procedures as required
- Monitors clinic workflow and schedule to ensure productivity standards are met
- Administers clinic policies and procedures in a consistent and timely manner
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions, assists in interviews, trains, and orients staff
- Ensures that office space, supplies, assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for medical staff and patient care
- Works with senior management to ensure operations and relations are effective
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Ensures personnel forms and/or records are kept updated and submitted to other departments in a timely manner
- Ensures that offices for new and incoming physicians are ready and equipped
- Coordinates staff work activities and serves as resource to medical management staff in various market(s)
- Collects clinic performance and quality metrics and produces reports for management
- Orders office and medical supplies and ensures sufficient quantities are maintained at all times Assists the Clinic Administrator in budget preparation and adherence
- Coordinates conference calls and assist with preparation for meetings for medical management staff in market
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
WellMed at South San Clinic / Barlite Blvd. / Near SW General Hospital and South San HS
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Nursing or related field (4+ additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 2+ years of clinic operations or healthcare experience, including one year of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures and ability to apply principles to solve everyday problems in a variety of situations
- Knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management techniques
- Knowledge of office management techniques and practices
- Skill in gathering, analyzing, and evaluating data
- Skill in written and verbal communication
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving, decision - making
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
- Good communication and customer service skills
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Current Texas Vocational Nurse License
- Professional healthcare license or certification
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Clinic Supervisor, Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN/LPN, Medical Terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding, San Jose, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Gonzales, Shiner, Yoakum, Boerne, Floresville, Helotes, TX, Texas