- Pay Rate: Open for the right candidate
- 1 year contract (40 hours per week)
- Project with State of Texas
- 1 position open
- Client facing role - Communications skills must be strong!
For Texas DIR roles, you must meet the following requirements along with complying with necessary background checks:
- Must be a Legal Permanent Resident of the US.
- Must reside in the continental US.
- Must be willing to obtain the CJIS clearance requirements – fingerprint card, FBI background check, urinalysis, and any other requirements provided by Texas DIR.
- Must be able to attend on-site requirements for training in North Austin – confirm with a hiring manager during your intake meeting.
UNITED STATES - REMOTE /RACKSPACE SOLUTION SERVICES – GOVERNMENT SOLUTIONS /FULL - TIME
- Support internal and external customers on multiple platforms.
- Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase user satisfaction.
- First point of contact for handling customer issues, providing guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents.
- Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience, create playbooks, and provide mentoring on customer related issues to lower level Cloud Engineers and support.
- Enterprise level AWS knowledge.
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads across multiple public cloud providers.
- Automation experience with at least one configuration management system such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, or other such tools.
- Experience working at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, and Java.
- Proficient with git and git workflows.
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment.
- Experience working in an Agile, fast paced, DevOps environment.
- Knowledge (preferably experience) in building distributed, highly available applications.
- Strong Linux or Windows skills.
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common web servers, database, caching, and database services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences.
- Provide Fanatical customer support from onboarding through growth at Rackspace.
- In addition to providing customer support, will be responsible for helping build tools and processes necessary for excellent customer outcomes.
- Automate infrastructure and develop tools and processes to improve the customer experience and reduce support toil.
- Architect and Develop full stack solutions, from whiteboard to green SLA’s.
- Own issues end-to-end working collaboratively with your team and peers.
- Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase end user satisfaction.
- Deep dive into complex performance issues to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents.
- Mentor others on the team on complex issues and handles the highest level of escalations and customer grievances.
- Provides mentoring/training and is focused on the evolution of the business.
- Operates under minimal supervision.
- Expected to mentor less experienced Cloud Engineers.
- 2+ years experience with Enterprise level AWS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field required and 7 - 8 years of experience.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Proficiency with Python, PHP, or Ruby.
- Experience working in a containerized environment (Docker/LXC).
- Relevant technical certifications around Red Hat, MySQL, etc.
- AWS Certifications preferred.
- General office environment.
- May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor.
- Moderate levels of stress may occur at times.
- No special physical demands required.