- Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
- Performs selected clinical and administrative duties to support Provider and office operations.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Assists Provider in preparing for minor surgeries or physicals.
- Relays patient telephone calls for referrals to Provider, nurse, or referral specialist as indicated.
- Maintains quality control standards (HIPAA/OSHA).
- Able to administer vaccines and preforms various venipuncture.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or GED.
- Graduate from an Accredited Program for Medical Assistants. (Has a diploma from anaccredited school preferred).
- Previous private office experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and managed care contracts is desirable.
- Medical Assistant Certification