Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics, and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- The Advanced Inspection Systems (AIS) group has an opportunity for a Space Flight Software Engineer to join our team.
- Apply your passion for embedded systems and solving problems to advance scientific understanding of our planet and solar system.
- Design, develop, integrate, and test embedded systems and software for present and upcoming space science projects.
- Developed embedded applications are primarily programmed in C and some assembly language; Test software is primarily programmed in Python and/or C/C++ on MS Windows, Linux, or custom operating systems.
- Formal secure software development process and best practices apply.
- Generate requirements; design, code and test developed software.
- Support system level architecture definition.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Work independently on small teams, developing highly reliable software for space flight applications and instrumentation.
- Collaborate with scientist and engineers on software architecture, design, and code reviews, and aid in application integration, verification, and validation testing phases.
- Own all aspects of software engineering and application development.
- Develop your professional presence and help promote developed solutions in technical industry through conference presentations and/or research paper publications.
- To read more on the cool and unique work associated with this position, visit the following:
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related software development field with foundational areas in: algorithms, computer architecture, embedded development/programming (C, Python), and advanced mathematics (Calculus I & II)
- 0-5 years: Expertise with software and hardware on embedded systems, programming languages (e.g. Python, C, and C++, Bash/Shell, and/or FPGA languages (VHDL or Verilog)), and understanding of software development best practices
- Hands-on experience with, or an interest in, FPGA, real time operating systems (RTOS) such as Real-Time Executive for Multiprocessor Systems (RTEMS), VxWorks and to device driver development for Board Support Packages (BSP)
- Experience or interest in software version control systems (Subversion, Git, etc), LabWindows and/or LabView/Linux, computer architectures (8051, SPARC, ARM, and/or PowerPC is a plus), signals and systems, debugging, performance optimization and unit testing
- Knowledge of, or interest in, applying machine learning techniques in embedded systems
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace