Who We Are:
Join the Defense and Intelligence Solutions Division as a Computer Scientist where you will be challenged in developing next generation signal intelligence systems that spans customer field sites, as well as Air, Land, and Sea Platforms.
Objectives of this Role:
- As a Computer Scientist, you will work on challenging new technical problems in collaborative team environments with Computer Scientists and Engineers.
- Work with tactical & strategic signal processing and exploitation, across ground, air, and sea platforms.
- Be a proactive Computer Scientist within a dynamic team developing next generation solutions, gaining experience, and building up programming and design skills.
- Assist the development manager and project team with all aspects of software design and coding, to include attending and contributing to development team meetings, testing, documentation, and collaborating with other developers to create applications.
- Develop expertise working with database patterns, and thin client development for both client and server side, object-oriented designs, and visualization and presentation of large amounts of complex data sources.
- Be capable of effectively communicating, both verbally and in writing, technical solutions, questions, and documenting test outcomes and analysis of alternatives.
- Follow guidance provided by senior leadership and learn new software and technologies quickly.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Attending and eventually contributing to technical and design meetings with both the project team and the customer.
- Learning the codebases, writing, debugging, and testing code, monitoring technical performance, responding to requests from the technical team.
- Working within an agile or waterfall methodology for the project lifecycle, interacting with team members, working with the team to understand requirements and task constraints.
- Proactively communication with teammates and providing updates on tasking.
- Contributing to technical documentation as needed.
- Activities include working at SwRI laboratories and short-term travel to government facilities, military bases, other customer facilities, both in U.S. and overseas, for system installations and to provide technical support.
- May also prepare technical documents.
- For more information on our innovative project work, visit www.swri.org/technical-divisions/defense-intelligence-solutions
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Basic knowledge of programming languages, databases, software repositories, and software development life-cycles
- 0-3 years: Must have the ability to follow instructions and work both independently on tasks and collaboratively with a team.
- Basic knowledge of operating systems, object-oriented programming and databases and frameworks or ability to learn
- Excellent technical communications skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to proactively learn new software and technologies quickly
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Tools, Software Repositories, Software Engineering practices, fundamentals of Computer Science, and the Software Development Life-Cycle
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace