San Antonio-based Embrey Partners, LLC is a diversified real estate investment company that owns, develops, builds, acquires, and manages multifamily residential communities and commercial assets in ten major markets across the United States. Since 1974, Embrey has developed more than 42,000 residential units and over 6 million square feet of commercial property. Embrey is a leading developer in the multifamily sector, with more than 6,000 units under construction or in development.
As our Construction Accountant, you will be responsible for the accounting support of the Construction department by compiling project draws, monitoring cash, and preparing financial reports.
- Prepare monthly construction draws to be submitted to lenders.
- Prepare financial statements, monthly reports for construction department and record budget revisions.
- Prepare and record journal entries to include but not limited to tax, insurance accruals and construction activity.
- Monitor receipt of lender and equity funding.
- Reconcile all subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger monthly.
- Import construction related contractor invoices.
- Process and record ACH payments.
- Reconcile bank accounts and intercompany accounts.
- Prepare audit/tax schedules as required.
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
- 4 + years’ experience in a construction job cost accounting role.
- Strong attention to detail; deadline- and results-focused.
- Experience utilizing Sage 300 and Timberline strongly desired.
- Timberscan, Textura and Procore experience preferred.
- Able to easily navigate Microsoft office suite; strong abilities to develop spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting or related field preferred.
Position type: salary, full-time with competitive pay & benefits (medical/dental/vision insurance, PTO, flexible work schedule, 401k, company-paid life insurance & LTD); Position location: corporate office in San Antonio, TX (Hybrid); Reporting: direct to Construction Accounting Manager.