ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client, in the North Central part of San Antonio, is a growing, investment, and commercial real estate management company. As they grow, they are looking to add an Staff Accountant to their team. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented self-starter searching for an accounting position with a wide-ranging portfolio.
The right person for this role is career-oriented and eager to develop relationships both internally and externally and is hands-on with daily responsibilities. This candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills as well as intermediate to advanced computer skills. Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits include 401K, medical/dental benefits, and an energetic work environment. Emphasis on culture and teamwork within this group.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT
- The Staff Accountant will compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- The Staff Accountant will also handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 3+ years General Accounting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills