Customer Service Representative
SWBC continues to be a strong and stable employer during these challenging times and a vast majority of our interviewing and on-boarding is being done virtually due to COVID-19.
SWBC is seeking a talented individual to provide customer service support for loan portfolios to financial institutions, insurance agents and borrowers/members by assessing and updating collateral protection insurance (for both auto and mortgage loans) coverage and identifying uninsured loans.
Why you'll love this role:
You will enjoy Monday - Friday work hours in a role that is not only a great opportunity to learn a process that benefits yourself and/or others, but you are able to assist customers with their needs, making a positive impact on their experience with SWBC.
Essential duties include the following:
- Resolves inbound calls regarding routine collateral protection insurance coverage questions, inquiries and/or problems on the status of insurance on loans made by borrowers/members, financial institutions and insurance agents by researching, verifying, updating loan insurance information, making outbound calls and documenting the affected account’s history file.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding quality expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to schedule, ensuring promptly logged into the system and available for calls.
- Responsible for handling the calls effectively and efficiently, multi-tasking to meet the average handle time expectations of the calls.
- Handles most complex calls with minimal assistance (lapses, waives, breaks in coverage, and the like). Provides assistance in and/or refers high-level, complex questions, problems or client complaints to appropriate resources to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Updates the system with pertinent insurance data, adhering to department procedures.
- Performs other duties/campaigns assigned by management.
Serious candidates will possess the minimum qualifications:
- Some college course work in Business, Management, Communications, Marketing, related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum one to two (1-2) years of in-bound, out-bound or other related call center, telemarketing or related experience in insurance or banking environment, preferred.
- Strong workflow and written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to remain professional and courteous in all interactions with SWBC clients and staff.
- Able to effectively multi-task.
- Able to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Able to type 40 WPM accurately.
- Able to operate a 10-key calculator by touch.