If you are located within 120 miles of Hooksett, NH, Shelton CT & San Antonio TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 6:00pm est. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer incoming phone calls from our health insurance consumers (i.e. plan members, family members on the plan) and identify the type of assistance needed to address their concerns and answer their inquiries.
- Route applicable requests to rectify issues with claims, benefits, pharmacy, enrollment and authorizations.
- Ensure consumer satisfaction by delivering a high quality of customer service and following through to resolve issues.
- Identify, anticipate and resolve additional issues to better serve the consumer and eliminate possible needs for future calls.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be on the phone for long periods of time interacting and empathizing with our consumers with the intent to identify their complete needs, ensure they have confidence in the solution and verify they have a full understanding of what next steps need/will transpire. Within a high-volume setting, you’ll need to develop knowledge of our various systems and numerous types of benefits within each product in order to best assist our customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent years of work experience
- 1+ years of experience with customer service OR experience in a medical office, health care, call center or office setting analyzing and solving customer problems including the use of conflict management skills and resolving stressful situations
- Experience with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Reside within 120 miles of Hooksett, NH, Shelton CT & San Antonio TX
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Prior health care experience
- Knowledge of billing / finance and eligibility processes, practices and concepts
- Experience communicating effectively in a professional environment
- Able to Critically think and use decision making skills to solve problems
- Adaptable to changes in workflow or process to meet business and customer demands
- Demonstrates compassion and empathy when appropriate to internal/external customers
- Works well in a structured/scheduled environment
- Analyze and interpret information using attention to detail
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Customer service, customer service advocate, call center, customer, insurance, coordinator, CSR, account manager, representative, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO