Provides administrative and clerical support for the food and nutrition department. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. This is a non-exempt position.
Food and Nutrition Support
- Reviews each menu to assure that food selected by patients complies with prescribed diet. Maintains diet cardex current on allergies, preferences and any other change that may affect the patients’ diet.
- Assures that all menus are accounted for and ready for process the following day.
- Updates diet cardex on new admissions, cancellations, NPO, transfers, and dismissals.
- Compiles a total of each food item selected on patients menus and enter amounts in cooks production sheet.
- Counts all patient meals served daily and prepares report at the end of each month
- Checks nourishment cardex daily to assure that all changes are currently recorded
- Answers all telephone calls in a courteous manner. Maintains office supplies menus, forms and any other materials to support the efficiency of the diet office. Compiles charges for nutrition supplements and submits to the business office.
- Communicates with the family or significant other and to explain and help them in menu selection
- Attends at least 80% of departmental meetings and in service classes
- Maintains knowledge of nutritional requirements based on age of patients as noted above: Pediatric, Adult and Geriatric
Education and Training: High School Diploma or GED desired.
Experience: One year experience in diet office or clerical experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Clerical skills, and customer service skills.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.