Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Director, Identity and Access Management (IAM) at our Chantilly, Virginia or San Antonio, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is to create and direct the identity and access management program, architecture and standards for delivering enterprise-wide Identity, access, directory and authentication services for employees, vendors and members with the capability to support cloud and on-premise application services. This person will participate as an effective member of a passionate and highly skilled team that supports PenFed’s information security policies and meets all relevant compliance requirements. This is a hands-on role reporting directly to PenFed’s CISO.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee and train Access Control staff on daily activities. Help ensure staff members adhere to procedures and makes recommendation for improvement. Mentor staff and provide input into performance evaluations.
- Oversee team to ensure SLOs are met and escalated problems are quickly and properly addressed.
- Control access to PenFed data by adhering to established procedures while creating and administering security access for numerous PenFed systems utilizing access control software including:
- Active Directory /LDAP open systems access controls
- Mainframe access controls – Resource Access Control Facility (RACF)
- All application level access controls
- All external 3rd party systems
- Authentication software (Two factor authentication)
- Privileged access management/control systems and password vaults
- Role Based Access (RBAC)
- PKI and Certificate Management
- Ensure compliance with Incident Management, Severity 1 escalation procedures/ reporting practices and policies related to managing access to PenFed systems and resources.
- Troubleshoot complex IT problems for customers on various software applications, hardware systems and provide Access Control support.
Ensure documentation of all information associated with incidents, problems and/or requests in the ticketing system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a high level of familiarity with PenFed systems and services in order to accurately document incidents, provide support, and escalate appropriately.
- Work closely with business and IT customers to establish procedures for managing PenFed systems access and troubleshoot/resolve system access issues.
- Ensure Access Control team documentation is properly maintained.
- Work closely with business and IT customers to establish procedures for managing PenFed systems access and troubleshoot/resolve system access issues. Support internal and external personnel with security, audit, and compliance reviews.
- Required to be available on-call as required to implement solutions in order to limit impact/exposure to customers.
- Maintain continuous skills and knowledge enhancement in a dynamic technical environment is required.
- Collaboration with CISO on IAM program strategic objectives and operational run metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs) and outcomes.
- Guide development of IAM architecture and direct engineering and governance teams on major enterprise project initiatives along with related technologies.
- Develop on-going governance of IAM roadmaps, change management plans and end user communications is highly desired.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement.
Maintain proper documentation including configuration specifics and procedures, for implementation and ongoing operation/maintenance of access control solutions.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, business or equivalent work or educational experience required.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in creating and maintaining an identity and access management program required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct management experience.
- Past experience with architecting, implementing and configuring an Identity and Access Management and/or privileged access system.
- Previous experience in software development or technology architecture.
- Strong negotiation and people skills required.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern Identity and Access Management concepts and best practices required.
- Demonstrated understanding in formulating strategies, alternatives and recommendations in information security management required.
- Ability to evaluate risk and communicate it in a fact-based manner.
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills) required.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Information Security certification is a plus (CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.).
This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- CISSP/CISM/CIAM certifications preferred or equivalent security certifications.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.