Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This position is accountable for the day-day development and management of financial models and performance as it relates to business goals and objectives. This position will work with key leaders to ensure that the business is operating effectively, with sound financial and data analysis, and with appropriate financial and operating controls in place.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead strategy building financial analysis and development and drive operational results against the budget, negotiations, new business, and competitive intelligence
- Lead team and collaborate with matrixed teams to develop analysis and support for developing ideas, programs, negotiating models, rate targets, network performance, provider performance, client performance, and projects
- Work side-by side with the Business Team and/or Finance personnel within OptumRx and/or across other aspects of UnitedHealth Group, to fully understand the business and support the financial goals and objectives. Develop and implement controls to support these goals/objectives as needed
- Enhance, mature, or create systems for key intake/triage, financial and operating initiatives, as needed, as business and team growth occur
- Directly supervise key data and analytics operating personnel as required; effectively support and promote the development of staff as required
- Provide monthly and ad hoc financial reporting of key business initiatives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent field
- 5+ years of Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) Industry experience
- 5+ years of experience with various software packages such as Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 3+ years of managerial and leadership experience of a broad spectrum of professional staff
- 2+ years of experience presenting to Executive Leadership in a strategic capacity
- Experience completing complex projects while influencing change in complicated, fast paced, matrix environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- 2+ years working with SQL, Tableau, Orbit, Python and/or Aginity
- 2+ years working within the RxClaim platform
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Network Finance, Analysis, Financial Analysis, Matrixed Teams, PBM, Executive Leadership, Python, Rxclaim, Financial Goals, Rate Targets, Tableau, SQL, Orbit, Irvine, CA, California, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Schaumburg, IL, Illinois, Denver, CO, Colorado, Atlanta, GA, Georgia, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote