Director, Asset Management | Renewable Energy | Project Management | Power Plants |
A leading renewables independent power producer is seeking a Director of Asset Management for their power production plants to join their dynamic team. The Director of Asset Management will manage in coordination with corporate finance and senior management the North American portfolio. They will lead a team to manage all aspects of a renewable power plant in operation and optimize its performance.
- In line with the global Asset management roadmap and the US development roadmap, define current and future Asset Management Strategy for North American Assets to include staffing decisions, future contract pricing structures, organizational composition, and long term goals.
- Manage team of professionals to carry out Asset Management Strategy to ensure safe and prudent operations of all operational assets, with the support from other teams (SCADA, Data, Legal/insurance, HSE…) when needed.
- Assume responsibility of all commercial contracts in coordination with senior management.
- Oversee full handover from Development Team, and after handover assume management of all critical project contracts including but not limited to; PPA, maintenance agreements, supervision & operation agreement, Insurance policies and coverage, land leases, by laws, TSA, etc.).
- Develop and present Project Operational Budgets for required approvals and provide reporting on all variances and exceedances seeking consents as required.
- Master of Science + MBA or equivalent, ideally with Electrical Engineering background
- Prior relevant experience in maintaining or operating power plants, or experience in managing oil & gas production assets.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or assignments simultaneously
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Language: English – Fluent, Spanish and/or French a plus