Make Lives Better. Be a part of something meaningful: The Touchstone Experience.
If your purpose is to Make Lives Better , we welcome you to Join Team Touchstone today and be part of something meaningful. Touchstone is committed to bringing a Best In Class Healthcare Experience to our Patients, Residents and Veterans. Compassionate team members are the key to revealing our vision to be the leading post-acute healthcare solution in the markets we serve. If you desire to be part of a work environment where every voice matters, we encourage you to apply today.
Purpose of this position:
To support the community by creating a premier health care community accomplished by planning, revising, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating education including general orientation, and skills training. Also, by serving as a member of QAPI committee and being responsible for meeting training needs that are identified during QAPI committee.
• Work cooperatively with the Administrator, Director of Nursing Services, and community in assessing training/education needs. Plans programs to meet these needs and regulatory requirements.
• Ensures all nursing assistants hired have completed a certification program meeting state requirements and maintains files of lesson plans for all programs taught to team members. Ensures records of all programs are maintained for 7 years.
• Oversees current nursing tracking log for education according to license and regulatory requirements.
Orientation and Job Skills
• Coordinates general orientation for all new team members beginning the first day of employment.
• Reviews and revises general orientation on an on-going basis as necessary, utilizing company orientation guidelines.
• Ensures the validity of certificates and their good standing for all CNAs hired and ensures the validity of all nursing licenses through state board of nursing during pre-hire and as needed.
• Evaluate education and training to develop programs that maintain and enhance nursing clinical skills
• Responsible nursing complete hours of required mandatory training during the required time period.
• Ensures completion of skills demonstration on all new hired clinical care workers validating competency to perform care tasks they will be assigned prior to providing direct resident care and to provide skill training to any nursing team members that are deficient in any skill area
• Responsible for completion of and maintaining of competency skills for licensed nurses and to provide hands on care oversight to nursing team members. Coaching and teaching at bedside where appropriate.
• Responsible to be knowledgeable about skill needs of the center and adjust training and education to meet those needs and responsible for identifying training/education needs and develops training interventions to resolve problems/issues of nursing
• Participates in nursing team member hiring process to include responsibilities for recruitment, interviewing, and selection of these positions in collaboration with the Director of Nursing
• Coordinate all nursing team member in-services, ensuring mandatory topics are included annually, using consultants or other resources where appropriate.
• Notify nursing regarding any updates or new requirements as needed from: NACS (Nurse Assistant Certification Section) or the State Board of Nursing for licensed nurses.
• Supports the clinical infrastructure of the community, involved in Clinical Start Up process
• May be required to fulfill the job functions of a direct care nurse as determined by the needs of the patients/residents and community
• Serves as the Infection Preventionist in the center. Responsible for surveillance, evaluating trends and responding with any training or reporting needs
• Responsible for reporting findings from Infection Control surveillance and the nosocomial rate monthly to the QAPI committee
• Must have a current and valid Texas RN license or a current and valid RN license from a Compact Party State.
• Experience in long term care along with strong computer skills required.
• Oral and written communication skills along with being very detail oriented
• Must have proficiency in Point Click Care
• Supervisory experience a plus
We offer eligible team members an attractive benefit package that includes medical, dental, wellbeing, and vision benefits, along with other unique benefits including:
- Health Savings Allowance option for certain medical plans
- Paid Time Off; Bereavement Pay and Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Grant Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Shine Bright Team Member Incentive Bonus Program
- Matching 401(k) matching
- OnShift Wallet- access to your earned money before payday
- Life and Supplemental Insurance
- UnitedHealth Group Rally rewards program
- Legal benefits and will preparation
- Team Chaplain availability
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.