Peyton Resource Group is seeking a Director of Finance for a non-profit organization. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager accountable for leading the Finance Team in managing the organization’s financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, payroll systems and processes and controls, as well as producing and maintaining the annual budget.
· Management/Supervision of Finance Department staff.
· Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED(including individual grant budgets); administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
· Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
· Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
· Manage cost allocation and Labor distribution.
· Manage and facilitate activities for general accounting practices including journal entry, general ledger account reconciliation and bank account reconciliations.
· Process, (and or supervise), bi-weekly payroll direct deposit, as well as prepare and file any payroll tax reports, and year-end preparation
· Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors; assess any changes necessary.
Manage the Agency cash flow and forecasting.
· Manage, prepare, (if necessary), and facilitate all required Tax Filings in a timely and accurate manner.
· Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
· Ensure compliance with all personnel policies and procedures.
· Conduct periodical and annual performance reviews of staff.
· Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the ED.
· Champion financial policy compliance and governance.