Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Director, Primary Care Medical Home provides strategic guidance and leadership that supports all aspects of clinic operations in the promotion of a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) care model and the Quadruple Aim to include population health, evidence based practices, quality of care, reduction/containment of health care costs, and patient and provider satisfaction. Oversees creation and implementation of clinical policies and procedures and ensures adherence to regulatory and accrediting standards. Collaborates with executive leadership, key stakeholders and multidisciplinary teams to assess, evaluate and deliver management input related to the provision of care and services in the clinic setting.
- Encourages, initiates, oversees implementation of the care model in support of the Quadruple Aim
- Collaborate with appropriate resources (e.g., business partners, SMEs, clinic personnel and regional & market leadership) to facilitate development of the joint principles: patient centered, comprehensive care, coordinated care, access to care and quality/safety
- Set appropriate expectations for all applicable stakeholders to ensure that data analysis is capturing the model’s success and leadership has the data to make good decisions
- Identify, understand and prepare the appropriate training technology to ensure effective understanding of the model is understood by all employees
- Facilitate agreement among multi-sector stakeholders on goals and metrics that support population health management, team-based dynamics, access to care and quality improvement
- Designs and leads projects or committees that support the care model and clinical efficiency
- Uses data to analyze quadruple aim initiatives: patient satisfaction, staff satisfaction, access, star ratings, quality, etc.
- Utilizes demographic data on local population and conducts basic clinical analysis to produce team, clinical and market reports
- Tracks milestones and provides feedback to stakeholders on progress, challenges and achievements
- Reviews data/metrics to guide decision making, makes recommendations upon request
- Monitor and review progress of the practice in milestone achievements and ensures the practice is accountable for successful completion
- Provides regular reports to executive team and stakeholders
- Partners with legal counsel and compliance officer to stay abreast of latest regulatory requirements
- Attends meetings or chairs committees that define and generate key metrics that support regulatory compliance
- Reports findings to Executive Leadership
- Coordinates new programs as laid out by leadership, legal or compliance officer
- Consult and partner with other Optum matrix partners to identify organizational and structural challenges that enhance/hinder the desired clinical outcomes
- Serves as a source for open communication to other LCDO’s at both the policy/enterprise level and at the practice level, upon request
- Directs policies and procedure that support the care delivery model and improve emerging initiatives. Sustain changes that impact best practices
- Participates in professional development activities and educational programs for self and promotes subordinates in the same
- Performs all other duties as assigned
25% Local and Non-Local travel is required as determined by the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other related field
- 8+ years of clinical and leadership experience in training and organizational development
- Proven ability to lead by example and foster collaborative relationships
- Successful in influencing leaders on complex issues through a combination of impeccable verbal and written communication skills, highly developed emotional intelligence and savvy navigation of complex business processes
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other related field
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change
- An innovative mindset with a willingness to challenge existing design and service paradigms
- Solid presentation development and execution skills
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Director Primary Care Medical Home Healthcare, WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Registered Nurse, RN, Market Operations, Planning, Implementation, CMS, Managed Care, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Boerne, Gonzales, Helotes, Shiner, Yoakum, Floresville, Texas, TX