Ashley Furniture HomeStore, the #1 Mattress and Furniture retailer in North America, has an immediate opening for a DC Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate will provide daily administrative support to our distribution and warehouse departments. This position will provide general administrative support to all distribution centers and their direct reports. It will assist in analytics, booking travel, expense report preparation and support on project teams as requested.
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
* Competitive Pay
* Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Opportunity for advancement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
* 401k Plan
* Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Complete day-to-day administrative functions such as answering phone calls, organizing file systems, responding to department as well as internal and external requests, photocopying, handling mail, ordering supplies, etc.
* Schedule and coordinate meetings
* Complete various reports and data entry as needed
* Prepare correspondence such as letters, memorandums and reports, as requested.
* Coordinate travel as requested including commercial airline, rental cars, company cars, shuttles, hotels, etc.
* Submit, review and approve travel and other expenses for the department, as needed.
* Facilitate customer pickups and calling guests
* Manage all communications via the ER ticket platform
* Prepare agendas for meetings
* Work with housekeeping, maintenance, etc. to ensure office space and warehouse remain clean and equipment is properly functioning.
* Provide other administrative and customer support as needed.
* Actively participate in departmental meetings, training and education. Assist with training other employees and providing backup.
* Review, audit, and approve vendor invoices while working directly with the vendor and escalating as required
* Research invoicing discrepancies and develop improved processes with cross-departmental collaboration
* Other duties as assigned
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Effective time management and organizational skills.
* Knowledge of computer skills and relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
* Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping.
* Work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Planning, organizing, and prioritization skills.
* Flexibility and adaptability.
* Receive and interact with incoming clients and visitors.
* Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect.
* Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries.
* Accounts receivable experience is a plus
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley Furniture HomeStore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.