Come to work and be ready to think on your feet, grow your skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution Centers are the key to getting new products out to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. To keep up with our ever-changing inventory, we stay nimble and adaptable. No day is the same, and that’s just how we like it. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different - and support each other along the way.
Major Areas of Responsibility
• Updates and maintains the payroll system, petty cash and creates payroll
adjustments/increases as well as completes calendar entries.
• Transmits payroll in conjunction with Home Office.
• Audits payroll reports and makes corrections as necessary.
• Stops payment of voided checks.
• Prepares checks for distribution.
• Updates and maintains the HRIS to include personnel files, profiles, new hire
paperwork, bid acceptances and personnel change status.
• Tracks, maintains and prepares various lists and reports to include new hire
evaluations, attendance (sick, vacation and holiday time), seniority and shift
• Coordinates the benefits program to include insurance, 401(k), leaves of absences,
appointment tracking and follow-up.
• Counsels associates on benefit plans and provisions, and assists in completing claims
and open enrollment forms.
• Assists in new hire and benefit orientations for bilingual associates and assists with
translations for associate relations, benefits and medical services matters. Assists
training department and other classes as necessary.
• Responds to associate inquiries regarding HR related issues including employment
verifications, clarification of information and follow-up on request documentation.
• Responds to external inquiries regarding a variety of Human Resources issues.
• Completes employment verifications, processes unemployment information and
responds to wage verifications.
• Interacts with Home Office on HR administrative issues and keeps the Human
Resources Supervisor informed, as needed.
• Participates in special projects as assigned.
Minimum formal education required to perform this job.
High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
Minimum job skills required to perform this job.
Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of basic HR functions (payroll, files and benefits)
Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word preferred
Knowledge of payroll systems preferred. (Kronos, Oracle)
Minimum experience required to perform this job.
1-2 years related experience
Come Discover Different at TJX - we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory - at all times of the day - and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.
As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.