At Lennar, the Division Environmental Manager assists division’s associates with the implementation of the Lennar Environmental Management System (LEMS) and Lennar’s Injury Illness and Prevention Program (IIPP). Regularly interacts with the Safety and Environmental Manager, Regional Environmental Manager (REM), Regional Safety Manager (RSM), Division and Community Safety Coordinators, regulatory agencies and other division associates.
- Ensure the division’s implementation of the LEMS including the stormwater, air quality, environmental due diligence, and Spill Prevention Control, & Countermeasures (SPCC) modules.
- Ensure the division’s implementation of the IIPP.
- Possess working knowledge with the form, content and implementation of OSHA safety practices, air quality regulations, the State General Construction Permit, Construction Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans and stormwater best management practices.
- Take day-to-day direction from the Regional Safety and Environmental Managers.
- Regularly monitor and assist division associates to achieve safety, SPCC, storm water and air quality regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that the SWPPP are implemented within the division’s communities and updated as required.
- Review SWPPP with Construction and Land Managers prior use in the community.
- Assist the REM with SWPPP Implementation audits and documentation of associated corrective actions.
- Assist area managers/construction managers with day-to-day stormwater, air quality issues and safety matters.
- Regulatory agency interaction as needed.
- Attend related training courses and seminars suggested by the Regional Environmental Manager or Regional Safety Manager.
- Coordinate and ensure the archiving of community SWPPP’s with the Safety and Environmental Manager.
- Provide surveillance for safety hazards in the division office, construction office/trailer, and at the construction site.
- Conduct random construction site and office safety inspections.
- Regularly discuss safety matters with division and community safety coordinators.
- Be available to conduct walk through during regulatory inspections (OSHA, air Quality, stormwater) and document inspections.
- Report injuries and/or accidents that occur on Lennar property.
- Participate in the division safety committee meetings.
- Advise and assist the community safety coordinators with the maintenance of Lennar’s safety equipment and safety related documentation.
- Strive to reduce liability of regulatory citations and subsequent future litigation, penalties and fines.
- Local travel to communities within the division required.
- Create a sense of pride and quality of workmanship, service, and delivering the American Dream of secure and quality home ownership.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Two (2) years’ experience in safety, construction technology, environmental management/engineering, industrial hygiene, or related field experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must have working knowledge of laws and regulations relating to SWPPP’s, storm water runoff, air quality and safety
- Safety related certifications a plus
- Obtain CISEC-IT within 6 months of hire
- Must complete 30 OSHA outreach training within 120 days of hire
- Must obtain basic first aid certification within 120 days of hire
- Must have strong writing and organizational skills; Detail oriented
- Professional and positive attitude is required to communicate with all division level associates and/or regulatory agencies
- High degree of construction knowledge
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player with strong work ethic