Who We Are:
Ongoing threats to national security require timely intelligence data, including signal intelligence obtained through electronic surveillance. Since the 1940s, SwRI has supported U.S. and friendly foreign governments, as well as commercial clients.
Objectives of this Role:
- Support multi-disciplinary hardware and firmware development teams involved in developing requirements, designing, implementing, testing, and documenting embedded applications focusing primarily in embedded systems and associated test systems
- Perform hardware/firmware design, development, integration, and testing against customer requirements
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Perform laboratory testing, field testing and troubleshooting. Interact directly with project team, project management and technical customer to fully understand requirements and constraints of the task objectives.
- Perform documentation of requirements, design, and testing of engineering hardware and firmware prototypes and test systems
- Perform research and development of embedded systems involving the use of machine learning technologies
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 0-5 years: 1 year of experience in firmware (C, C++, Visual Basic, ADA, VHDL, etc.), power supply design, electronics schematic and PCB/PWB layout design is helpful
- Must have knowledge or experience in embedded hardware, firmware design, development, or test experience
- Analog and/or digital design experience is helpful
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace