Title: Engineering Associate - 1
Term: 10+ Months
Location: San Antonio, TX 78247
* The Engineering Associate 1 in the area of Communications Engineering and Maintenance holds the responsibility for the safe, reliable, and economic design and maintenance of our operational technology (OT) communication network and systems for wireless and fiber infrastructure.
* Duties include engineering responsibilities for the planning, design, implementation, maintenance, and operational support activities of our OT communications network which support the transmission lines, substations, distribution system, gas systems, generation systems, emergency radio systems, control centers, data centers, and corporate network.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Focuses on achieving daily operational/tactical assignments * Handles work content accurately, timely and reports on progress regularly.
* Applies Engineering problem solving and attention to details skills at complex & challenging telecommunications projects and assignments that include evaluation and ingenuity
* Manage communication projects including project scope, schedule, and budget. Monitor project progress, verify telecommunications project costs are appropriate, and the project does not exceed budget. Complete project documentation according to standards. Provide technical design, build, maintain, and operational support for evolving corporate communications infrastructure.
* Provide advanced technical support to maintain and operate the District's telecommunication systems. Troubleshoot problems and resolve or provide problem resolution direction to others.
* Monitor compliance with project plans and specifications, applicable standards. Performs other project and process improvement initiatives as assigned. Field Representative for Purchase Orders - review, renew, and develop the business cases, agreements, contract guidelines, and prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment criteria.
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities:
* Ability to be a self-starter, be able to meet goals and deadlines on own initiative with minimum supervision * Demonstrated ability to effectively work as an individual contributor and contributing team member * Ability to work in a team environment, coordinating with other related areas to complete tasks and projects * Ability to research and solve problems
* Effective interpersonal skills and written communication skills to work with all levels of personnel within the organization * Ability to build relationships with coworkers and customers
* Demonstrates proficiency in basic management of projects and assignments * Ability to travel to network sites to perform or oversee assigned work tasks.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling
* Broad knowledge of other related areas and how they influence operational/tactical aspects
* Experience with Computer Aided-Drafting systems and Bentley MicroStation software
* Experience with ESRI GIS software and Arc FM Designer software
* Working with Ambiguity* Communicates Effectively* Setting a Strategic Vision* Driving for Results* Building and Supporting Teams
* Bachelors of Science degree in an engineering field from an ABET accredited four-year college or university or Demonstration of advanced skills or specialization applicable to the business area (Approval by Business Unit Executive Leadership, as related to the business need for Engineering Associate 2's without their EIT)