If you are located in the Overland Park, KS, Flint, MI, Jeffersonville, IN, or Carlsbad, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Working in Operations at UnitedHealth Group is one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
If it sounds too good to be true, consider this: Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance structure that works better for more people in more ways.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm CST. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail. http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Researching errors by comparing enrollment error reports against system information along with CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) records.
- Sending correspondence to members or CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) to gather information or provide updates for corrections.
- Reconciling reports
- Performing basic clerical functions with proficient PC skills
- Analytical and Researching techniques to trend or quantify projects
- Initiate and assist with developments/changes to increase or change quality and productivity
- Preparing, processing, and maintaining new member or group enrollments
- Responding to member eligibility or group questions & verify enrollment status
- Working with various types of member correspondence
- Reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data & submitting retroactive eligibility changes
- Inventory control of member and group transactions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) OR 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and strong mouse and keyboarding skills
- Ability to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am-7:00pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime or weekends given the business needs.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Must reside in the Overland Park, KS, Flint, MI, Jeffersonville, IN, or Carlsbad, CA area
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Must be able to connect directly into internet – via hard wire (either directly to modem or router)
- Ability to be adaptable
- Ability to work independently
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: OptumRx, Specialty Pharmacy, Senior Enrollment Eligibility Representative, Overland Park, KS, Jeffersonville, IN, Carlsbad, CA, Flint, MI, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO