We are excited to announce a new Hiring Incentive program for all newly hired Customer Service Representatives who start on or before January 31st 2022! All new CSR hires will receive $250 in their first paycheck, a one-time payment of $500 in the paycheck following 45 days of employment and a one-time payment of $500 in the paycheck following 90 days of employment with PenFed.
The future of PenFed starts with you! Our goal at PenFed is to empower our members to “Do Better” financially. Our team is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service. We are looking for talent that thrives in a fast-paced call center environment and can stay motivated by the pace of the work. We are an organization that cares. We have a culture of giving back—our teams’ dedication to supporting those in need is powered by our people.
We are currently hiring Customer Service Representatives in our San Antonio Service Center at 19500 Bulverde Road for our evening shift. The primary purpose of this position is to provide best-in-class member service by answering incoming calls, providing basic account and product information while performing account transactions and maintenance. This position will also be responsible for educating members on a wide variety of products and services and making recommendations for the member’s financial needs. This is a fast-paced call center environment which requires the incumbent to take a high volume of calls daily. The incumbent must successfully complete the member service training program including on-the-job training and call monitoring.
Starting salary for this role/schedule will range from $17.72 and $21.43 per hour, depending on education and relevant work experience.
Full time 4 day work week with the following schedule:
-Saturdays 11:30 am - 10 pm
-Choice of 3 weekdays 11:30 am - 10 pm
COVID 19 Statement
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Training will be conducted in office and will include a combination of: in class/office learning, web-based instructor led training and guided online modules.
PenFed is committed to the safety of our teammates around the globe. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us for more information.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Answer persistent inbound member calls and accurately complete requested transactions regarding PenFed deposit, credit cards, and loan products.
- Provide a Best-in-Class member experience in all member interactions.
- Answer member inquiries via chat functionality and outbound calls.
- Calmly research, resolve, and de-escalate member questions or issues.
- Resolve problems that are within authority to resolve. Refer problems that are beyond authority to resolution team, along with recommendations for resolution.
- Update member records and document member calls.
- Act as a liaison between members and various departments.
- Maintain working knowledge of PenFed deposit, credit cards, and loan products.
- Participate in team meetings to ensure objectives are being met.
- Meet cross-selling and productivity metrics each month.
- Successfully complete different phases of training consisting of different call topics.
- Educate members on PenFed products and services to best support their financial goals.
- Efficiently navigate multiple banking platforms via internet browsers and other software.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s degree or 1 year of college-level education or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- A minimum of one (1) year customer service experience in a call center, service-oriented environment, or financial setting preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Exceptional time management skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, phone queue/call center environment environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in standard business computer operations, internet applications, web browsers, e-mail, and various Windows-based software applications.
- Ability to work in multiple systems to obtain account data and complete research and requests for members and applicants in a timely manner.
- Ability to present a consistently positive and professional presence over the phone.
- Ability to adapt and embrace changes in organization, processes and systems as needed.
What we offer
- Generous paid time off that begins accruing on first day of employment (a total of 32 days of accumulated leave in year one)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefit plans with options to fit any lifestyle (available within 30 days of hire)
Employer matching contribution of up to $1,200 annually for Dependent Care FSA for eligible employees
- 401K plan with employer match
- Casual, fun work environment
- Onsite gym facilities
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.