At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent.
It all begins with you.
About these roles:
The Veteran Employment Transition (VET) Program is a nationwide 8-week Spring and Fall internship that converts directly to a full-time opportunity based on performance. We're hiring a class of 75 - 85 interns to begin on September 12, 2022 starting with an intensive training and orientation led by professional instructors and senior Wells Fargo employees. You'll network with your peers and Wells Fargo leaders while developing your skills and knowledge of our financial products and services before joining a team of experienced Wells Fargo employees for on-the-job training and development. If you are a problem-solver who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, working hard to achieve a goal, learning new things, and improving yourself, this program might be a good fit for you. In addition, successful candidates are team-players who work well in a collaborative environment and have strong situational analysis skills. All ranks are encouraged to apply as we are hiring at multiple levels. This program is NOT DOD SkillBridge eligible as it's a Wells Fargo paid internship.
We believe each of our employees offer something extraordinary and we consider military experience a tremendous asset to our work environment. That's why we're committed to hiring military veterans, veterans with disabilities, military families and active military Reserve and National Guard personnel.
- Must be able to start September 12th, 2022 and attend full duration of 8-week internship program
- Must be off active duty no later than September 11th, 2022. (Only exceptions: terminal leave and/or traditional Guard or Reserve status, these are eligible)
We are seeking military talent for our Technology & Control Management Group in Technology, Consumer Lending and Consumer & Small Business Banking in each of the cities listed below. Learn more about these lines of business at www.wellsfargojobs.com/career-areas/
- 2+ years of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Service in any branch of the United States military
- Able to work on the first day of the program, September 11, 2022
In these roles you will:
The Technology & Control Management Group has the following opportunities:
Control Management Specialist in Technology: (Available locations: Charlotte, NC; Chandler, AZ; Dallas, TX; Des Moines, IA; Minneapolis, MN; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA).
- Intern will be trained in issue management quality assurance and testing processes/procedures
- Review of technology issue closure packages which are in a standard template with expected narrative and evidence defined
- Review the packages for closure readiness against expected criteria such as: readability, completeness of remediation, risk reduction achieved, root cause addressed, success criteria met, controls are effective, remediation is sustainable, self-assurance is in place, and evidence meets standards
- Experience in Technology Infrastructure and Cybersecurity
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk frameworks - COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Track record of providing constructive consulting with appropriate issue escalation and offering solutions
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
- Intern will be expected to be in the office a minimum of 3 days per work week
Senior Control Management Specialist in Technology: (Charlotte, NC; Chandler, AZ; New York, NY).
- Evaluate technology controls
- Establish strong partnership and collaboration with Wells Fargo Technology (WFT), aligned Risk Partners, Information Security, Second and Third Lines of defenses, to ensure the effective design and performance of the control environment
- Identify opportunities for Process and Control improvements through monitoring of emerging risk, changes to Technology environment, industry framework and trends
- Educate and influence WFT for effective implementation, execution, and governance of Technology Control Framework
- Perform Control evaluation and rate controls for Design and Operational Effectiveness
- Provide Risk and Control Updates to Technology Control Leadership
- Attend required partnership meetings to ensure appropriate Technology Risk Control Framework coverage and engagement to understand requirements
Program Analyst in Consumer Lending: (Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX; Des Moines, IA).
- Perform a variety of job assignments to develop key skills and gain a working knowledge of the organization
- Attend classroom training, self-study assignments, workshops, networking and other events
- Develop APIs to support the business needs of HLT - Digital space
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with Java and micro services
- Cloud experience
Senior Technology Business Services Associate in Technology: (Charlotte, NC; Chandler, AZ; Dallas, TX; Des Moines, IA; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; San Antonio, TX; San Francisco, CA; St. Louis, MO).
- Serve as a member of The Cyber Security Defense and Monitoring (CSDM) team within the Information and Cyber Security (ICS) Organization Enjoy applying analytical strengths and critical thinking to understand and solve complex problems in creative ways
- Develop effective relationships to further division goals and alignments across various stakeholder groups
- Interact with business partners to understand report requirements
- Create solution recommendations
- Ensure cross team support issues are tracked and have a timely and accurate resolution
- Assist with regulatory, risk and audit responses as necessary
- Document alternate (opposing) views of an issue, communicate these views, and facilitate resolution of differences based on developing consensus
- Assist with ad hoc Cyber Security related reports and presentation, tailoring based on intended audience
- Manage a portfolio of ICS engagement and relationships to Third Party Risk requirements
- Provide tertiary support for business unit BCP as necessary
- Ability to translate complex technical needs into straightforward requests for information and collaboration, working with a wide range of people
- Strong analytical skills and ability to build business cases
- Experience with one or more Agile tools used for tracking user stories or backlogs, such as Confluence or Jira
- Risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Experience with process mapping tools such as Tibco, Visio, Visio Pro, iGrafx or IBM Blueworks Live
- Ability to travel up to 5%
Senior Technology Business Systems Consultant in Technology: (Chandler, AZ; New York, NY; Minneapolis, MN; San Francisco, CA).
- Serve as focal point for EFT exceptions and assists with prioritizing work, work load balancing, escalations, and status reporting
- Influence the development of exception narratives to ensure it meets criteria from all stakeholders
- Work with accountable leaders and teams across EFT, ensuring remediation timelines are met and exceptions are closed within appropriate time frames.
- Execute consistent structure, processes, metrics & reporting, and management routines within EFT for exceptions management
- Will work directly with senior management and is considered an expert
- Provide a communication channel between Technology Policy Exception Management and the EFT application and technology group communities to relay feedback about process updates, performance and tool enhancements
- Measure and manage EFT group performance against process compliance objectives
- Acts as an internal consultant within Service Management and Platform Operations on tools and process enhancements/definition/improvement to re-engineer for greater efficiencies
- Assists Technology Manager(s) with compliance associated to Enterprise operational risk programs and audit regulations
- Assists with process documentation via continuous development/improvement of various new & existing processes, including maintaining of SharePoint and/or Confluence sites
- Experience identifying key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within A geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Knowledge and understanding of configuration management solutions for information security and compliance controls
- Knowledge and understanding of patch management
- ServiceNow- and Jira experience
- Experience creating pivot tables and performing data analysis in Excel
Systems Operations Associate in CSBB: (Phoenix, AZ).
- Reduce customer impact by detecting, identifying, and escalating issues effectively and efficiently
- Accountable for providing technical systems support within organization
- Acknowledge, own and if needed, escalate monitoring alerts that are routed to the Command Center
- Provide support for moderately complex technical issues and initiatives related to assigned applications, systems, databases and/or other technical products and services
- Use diagnostic and other tools such as Splunk and AppDynamics to maintain, troubleshoot and restore service or data to systems or escalates if needed to meet established service level agreements
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides.
- Provide technical guidance to onshore/offshore team members and to less experienced staff
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to operate effectively in a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology process management improvements
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to work a 4 day on, 3 days off schedule which will include weekends
- Must be able to work holidays on a rotating as needed (on-call) basis
- NY - New York City: $40 - $60 Hourly dependent on role
- Other pay ranges will vary based on location
- Information about Wells Fargo's US employee benefits can be found here
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.