UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is comprised of three specialized businesses dedicated to meeting the health care benefits needs of individuals and groups; all part of something greater, but each with a specialized focus:
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual works with individuals, small businesses and large multi-site employers to provide innovative, affordable benefits services.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
The Director is a member of the UnitedHealthcare Finance and Pricing Team and is responsible for leading pricing strategy development, analytics and modeling, financial forecasts and leading a team of individuals in supporting Pharmacy business growth and retention goals. The Director role is critical in terms of partnering with internal stakeholders and developing the cross functional relationships necessary to drive business results.
- Lead a team of Analysts in support of Pharmacy pricing strategy, analytics and sales growth and retention goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with Underwriting, Actuarial, Sales, Network, and other stakeholders to drive business results for Pharmacy initiatives
- Lead ongoing financial forecast process and report pharmacy profitability to senior management and provide thought leadership/recommendations regarding risks and opportunities
- Lead multiple initiatives focused on driving margin improvements/eliminating leakage, price competitiveness and pricing capabilities in the self-funded business segment
- Monitor pharmacy industry pricing trends and competitive intelligence to inform leadership discussions and decisions around potential future pricing strategies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or Business
- 10+ years of progressive professional experience with emphasis in financial analysis or other analytical functions
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare industry
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing, executing and evolving large scale strategies and capabilities
- Proficient in computer and analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, and MS Office, especially in MS Excel
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive disciplined fact-based decisions
- Pharmacy pricing experience with PBM or health care industry analytics and/or underwriting experience
- Desire to make an impact, manage multiple tasks and shift priorities quickly
- Solid communication skills, written and verbal, with all levels within an organization
- Drive change and innovation through continually seeking and implementing innovative solutions; create and support a culture that thrives on continuous change; inspire people to stretch beyond their comfort zone; take well-reasoned risk
- Uses internal networks to accomplish objectives; persuades others; gains the support and assistance of others who have a stake in the outcome; and proactively participates in Company and business unit initiatives
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Finance Director, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote