UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As Finance Manager, you are responsible for leading certain aspects of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function and supporting the executive leadership team’s growth and scale initiatives and strategic long-term planning. This position reports directly to the CFO of UHOne and requires a blend of strong financial, analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, perform, and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting - trends in sales, SG&A, provider performance, product line profitability, membership, medical costs, and other areas of business
- Support the development of established strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Research economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning
- Present findings and recommendations to Head of FP&A, CFO and CEO
- Collaborate with UHC E&I Finance team on forecast and budget deliverables
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or similar area
- 5+ years of broad finance experience - prior experience in FP&A, accounting, or treasury or 2 + years investment banking, management consulting, private equity or venture capital preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Expert skills in MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and financial modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Prior experience in healthcare
- Advanced technical skills in FP&A and financial modeling
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills including developing executive materials with high-level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid interpersonal, communication and management skills
- Solid analytical, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think creatively and comfortable being hands-on in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations and develop influence across organizational boundaries
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.