Who We Are:
The SwRI Powertrain Design and Analysis team provides customers across the globe with production-focused design, analysis, prototype development, mechanical development and problem-solving services to help deliver powertrains that meet or exceed future emissions, fuel economy and application requirements.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide high-quality clerical and administrative services to support section and department activities and goals.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, reports, and correspondence.
- Prepare and process project briefs, project record sheets, travel authorizations, expense accounts and other administrative and project records.
- Assist with data processing and summarization using Excel and other software tools.
- Compile section administrative and financial data.
- Schedule meetings, makes travel arrangements, greets visitors.
- Responsible for preparing billing memos and overseeing all invoicing to clients for the section. Ensures compliance with Institute policies.
- Interact with management & professional staff.
- Maintain project files and records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- 4 years: Coordinator or secretarial work experience
- Access experience or ability to learn Access
- Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess excellent spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills
- Must be able to handle responsibility, prioritize tasks, and work with little or no supervision
- Requires handling multiple priorities at the same time
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Must be interested in a cooperative-team environment
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR work in section.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Powertrain Engineering home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace