US1144 Buckhead Meat of San Antonio, LP
Responsible for directing and overseeing Company’s Operations; including the achievement of controlled and balanced growth and profitability of the Company through the management of existing operations and through expansion, acquisition, and development of the Company’s resources. Directs, leads and controls a sales and distribution of products and services to the foodservice industry and in support of Sysco’s broader business. Achieves planned goals for sales, expenses, pretax income and return on assets through effective management of the company’s human and physical assets, accomplished through constant direct personal workplace contact with and oversight of staff and operations. Builds and maintains a customer service level consistent with the corporate philosophy. Requires consistent presence and oversight of daily business operations.
- SIGN ON BONUS (If offered)
- Monday – Friday schedules available
- Competitive pay
- Ongoing job skills training, leadership development training
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee discount programs
- Referral Bonus
- Safety programs
- Service recognitions and employee rewards
- Cross training opportunities
- More benefits, too many to name
- Be a role model in projecting and applying the Corporate Vision and promote teamwork at all times.
- Investigates and implements methods to minimize costs and improve efficiency among various functional areas, provides timely and accurate reports as needed.
- Responsible for overall leadership, development, management, and integration of all departments
- Development of strong leadership and team performance at all levels.
- Able to delegate authority and responsibilities to directors/managers/supervisors.
- Active involvement in customer relations, new account development, and performance, including participation in customer events and in ensuring that customers come first and foremost.
- Maintains appropriate levels of customer service to present accounts and maintains high levels of customer relations.
- Maintains a high level of efficiency and professionalism throughout the operations
- Assists in the management of sales and marketing efforts and direct efforts to seek out profitable new business with existing concepts.
- Ensures that all financial and accounting procedures are appropriate and adhered to and that the operations and viability of the operations are financially sound and profitable.
- Frequent and regular communication with all managers (Monthly to Quarter).
- Willingness and ability to regularly travel to further communication, growth, and profitability.
- Responsible for the financial performance, including the short term and long term financing and cash flow of operations.
- Must maintain an accurate awareness of all inventory levels and to address challenges related to the environment, internal operations, procedures, regulatory challenges and compliance with all laws.
- To be a forward/long term thinker in order to facilitate solutions to issues.
- Works closely with the CFO in the preparation of budgets and financial performance.
- Must maintain and protect all Company assets and resources and request and support the necessary improvements, capital expenditures in a timely manner and within approved limits.
- Responsibilities include the continuing development of a team spirit and the creation of a healthy and prosperous environment for valued employees.
- Oversee and maintain adequate records and controls
- Responsible for providing direction and guidance while mindful of challenges, performance, and opportunities within Company Operations.
- Stay informed and keep current of the requirements of the regulatory agencies.
- Proactively stay informed to competitor activity, pricing, availability of the product.
- Ensure that all operations adhere to the time and temperature requirements, transport and processing of our product. Assures adequate resources are in place to comply with food safety-related regulatory requirements.
- GFSI: Oversees and assures adequate resources are in place to maintain Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) programs including SQF (Safe Quality Food) requirements.
- SQF: In coordination with quality assurance management and operations management maintains programs necessary for SQF or BRC certification.
- Continually display and maintain an open mind and good listening skills with a common-sense approach to problem-solving.
- Continually exhibit the ability to compromise when necessary and to stand up and defend your position if you do not believe a decision is in the best interest of the Company.
- Responsible for building and maintaining good customer/supplier relationships and ensuring that all team members show the respect and appreciation for the business and service they provide as partners to our success.
- Motivate and instill pride in the success of the Company for both current and future employees.
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university;
- Ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience in and extensive knowledge of the specialty industry market.
- Must have extensive experience in operations management.
- Meat processing operations in food service manufacturing/distribution preferred.
- Analytical thinker who can pull disparate pieces of data together to form a coherent story
- Fact-based problem solver who can translate insights into strategy
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, adept at shifting priorities, and very detail-oriented
- Knowledge-driven individual who can quickly build category understanding
- Collaborative team player who can work across functions (e.g., Analytics, Category Leadership, Supply Chain)
- At ease with all levels of management
- Strong communication skills
- Adept at managing conflict and influencing others without authority
- Skilled in dealing with ambiguity
- Proven drive for results
- Performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and is frequently required to sit.
- Must be able to handle extensive use of office equipment.
- Occasionally required to stand, bend, stretch, or walk.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, temperature changes, industrial noise, and construction hazards usually accompanied by business travel and visits to oil, gas, and refining facilities.
- The constant physical demands of the position are talking and hearing.
- The frequent physical demands of the position are sitting, standing and walking.
- The occasional physical demands of the position are carrying, pushing, pulling, handling, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities, Sysco Corporate or operating companies.
- If working remote, you must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated workspace free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business-friendly environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.