At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our federal clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Government & Public Sector practice (GPS). This position assists the Business Consulting team in collecting and processing information used to support Agency management’s internal control capabilities. In this position, Analysts will contribute to our clients’ internal controls, remediation, audit readiness, and/or process improvement initiatives by conducting intermediate level business process analysis, as well as reviewing the work products of Associate Analyst I and Associate Analyst IIs (AAs).
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in collecting information to document clients' business and financial processes, risks and controls by soliciting information from client process owners, supporting client interviews and walkthroughs, conducting process modeling, documenting business processes, reviewing results developed by AAs, and documenting conclusions
- Assist in remediating control deficiencies by performing root cause analysis to diagnose control failures, engaging with process stakeholders, improving business process design, compiling team observations and results, and reviewing results developed by AAs
- Monitor project progress and risks, ensuring key engagement leads are updated on progress and expected outcomes
- Assist in creating and/or completing deliverable templates, compiling and analyzing data, developing reports, and reviewing results developed by AAs
- Assist in conducting research on regulatory guidance, current industry standards and trends, new legislation and requirements, and reviewing results developed by AAs
Skills and attributes for Success
- Intellectual curiosity and strong sense of professional skepticism
- Ability to quickly grasp complex financial business processes involving multiple stakeholders and information systems
- Effective teaming and collaboration with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and skillsets
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related fields
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- United States citizenship; and must be able to obtain and maintain a secret level clearance or higher
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze business and financial data and assist in problem solving
- Ability to work with accounting, business management and/or technology concepts
- Flexibility and ability to work with a nationally distributed team
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Project),
- Ability to become proficient with Tableau and Visio
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and follow up on open issues
- Excellent English language skills ' both written and verbal
- Flexibility to travel up to 20%
Ideally, you'll also have
- Ability to progress towards achieving CDFM, CGFM certifications
What we look for
We are looking for people who strive to lead themselves, their teams, and their communities, people who can foster effective team work to drive results. We’re interested in authentic communicators with the ability to collaborate with EY colleagues across various teams who want to develop personally and professionally in a dynamic organization
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.