At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Government and Public Sector – Tax – Indirect Tax - Managed Services Data Processing – Senior Analyst
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our federal clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Government & Public Sector practice (GPS).
This position is responsible for daily processing and operational support functions across the practice. In addition to individual production goals, this role is responsible for leading process work teams.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supervises a team of up to 12 production analysts by providing effective feedback, training guidelines, project details, and best practices to ensure associates meet production goals within quality guidelines and other service level agreements.
- Oversight of the following tasks
- Guidance on verbal data analysis, outcome assessments, client processes, administration, and complex information
- Organization and distribution of time sensitive documentation to applicable team members
- Requests for specific information and supporting documentation from client
- Organization and maintenance of large quantities of paperwork associated with unemployment claims and tax processes
- Responsible for quality reviews including analyzing the work product of analysts against expectations set forth in a defined set of procedures or policies, including attention to detail, business acumen and etiquette, accuracy of information and adherence to the guidelines set forth in training on a project.
- Report daily metrics/status to management
- Participate in internal meetings and communicate trends with agency processes and tendencies
- Contribute to driving efficiency within the operations
- Ensure that analysts perform their responsibilities in accordance with both existing policies and procedures and in accordance with EY best practices for client delivery
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience managing a high-performing team
- Ability to learn and use technology and follow a linear well-defined process is necessary
- Respect for the need to maintain confidentiality and display tact when discussing sensitive client information
- Ability to redirect attention as needed and reprioritize daily workload with direct supervision.
- Willingness to learn firm- and client-specific technologies
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in general business, technology, liberal arts or related fields
- United States Citizenship. Must be eligible/able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher security clearance as needed
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Project management, teaming, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed to interact with internal team members and external client personnel
- Proficiency in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in a professional environment
Ideally, you'll also have
- Ability to work overtime as needed
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with a genuine interest to contribute to the growth of the practice. You can expect plenty of autonomy and variety in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to be nimble, take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and prioritize participation in practice initiatives.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].