GRAPHIC DESIGNER (JBSA-21-0352-Z):
Bowhead seeks a Graphic Designer to support the AFCERT DCO HAC contract in San Antonio, TX.
The ability of the AFCERT to complete its mission is dependent upon accurate, timely and thoroughly developed messaging. This messaging must elicit the desired response from the target audience by breaking down complex information into easily understood media. Government Furnished hardware and software will not be issued for this position. Requirements may be completed off-site. The scope of this task will include all duties required to produce layouts and illustrate a wide variety of complex visual requirements for media including: presentations, video and internet/SharePoint sites.
• Utilize media design/development/publishing software including: Photoshop, QuarkXPress, InDesign, etc. to create media.
• Provide deliverables in compatible formats for use with AFCERT systems.
• Develop a Graphic Design Request Form (GDRF) for tasks to be officially requested. The GDRF will highlight and identify all requirements within the customer’s request to avoid confusion or delay in preparation/production of the requested product.
• Log all jobs to include suspense dates, requestor name and approver with no more than a 5% error rate.
• Develop a process for establishing a schedule to track requests for graphics/artwork to insure timely and efficient completion of all work products.
• Produce layouts and illustrate a wide variety of complex visual requirements and create abstract designs for media, including: presentations, video and internet/SharePoint sites.
• Operate a wide variety of systems and equipment to design publications, poster presentations, portable foam displays, web sites, 3D animations, vector-based animation, and fliers.
• Produce graphic artwork for training manuals, news articles, reports, promotional materials as well as signs, charts, posters, signs, video, and digital signage for the targeted audience.
• Remain in contact with the requestor/customer on the status of a request and contact the requestor/customer when a job is completed.
• Follow all Federal copyright law as well as DOD/Air Force publication regulations.
• Deliver the requested electronic graphic illustrations. The government will use other government resources to create the display for the requested graphic.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract may be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, QuarkXpress, InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite Six
• Intermediate knowledge of: Microsoft Office 2010 (including MS Publisher) Sharepoint, Scan Soft PDF Professional 4.0 and Windows 10 Professional operating system to provide deliverables in compatible formats for use with AFCERT systems.
• BA/BS degree
• Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) or Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret/SCI level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Top Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: