Description: Our client is currently seeking a Graphic Designer
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the development and implementation of graphic design for client's internal departments, such as Marketing, Corporate Communications, Membership, Editorial, Global Development, Technical Committee Operations, and others — including client's affiliates. The position, as part of the design team, is responsible for creating, maintaining, and promoting our client's brand. Design and editing functions are performed using client's in-house publishing equipment and completing critiques of other designers’ work.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Catalog, magazine, booklet, and publication layout oFlyer, brochure, and poster design oWeb and online application design
- Package and cover design
- Scan, image, and illustration modification
- Tradeshow booth design
- Presentation and slide design
- Advertisement design
- Digital communication design
- Promote corporate brand identity, ensuring consistency and uniformity within the ASTM organization.
- Manipulate and produce any ASTM standard figures or other products as assigned from inception to execution.
- Prepare files for print as requested for catalogs, brochures, flyers, posters, books, etc. Perform administrative functions for prepress operations.
- Prepare wireframes, site maps, and page layouts as requested for web, custom applications, etc.
- Select cost-effective ways to envision and complete design projects, assisting other department staff in the same.
- Coordinate and incorporate client, author/editor, and member modifications as requested.
- Conceptualize and recommends alternate material formats, effectively communicating ideas to superiors and staff.
- Develop and follow schedules, with the ability to win cooperation from other departments. •Participate in departmental design critiques.
- Prepare appropriate digital files for use as requested.
- Demonstrate and execute quality control and assurance.
- Intellectualize message(s) of any piece under development and enhance design to that message with minimal supervisory input.
- Consistently report progress of design projects to all stakeholders. Communicate any accomplishments, solutions, issues, delays, or statuses on a regular basis.
- Recommend and assist in developing pre-qualifying vendors.
- Develop and maintain documentation for job function(s).
- Participate in research and development for department operational budget.
- Attend design events and conferences, keeping management informed of new developments and related technologies in graphic design.
- Maintain open communication with vendors on status, quality, issues, timeline, etc.
- Develop automated publishing of data by creating and utilizing XML, Adobe tools, etc.
- Review, specify and recommend software, hardware, and digital asset providers for design department, Corporate Communications, and Marketing.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Mac workstation and assist other staff in same.
- Work closely with production staff for the timely, accurate, and cost-effective completion of ASTM materials.
- Adhere to general system structure for filing and backup procedures.
- Assist production staff and peers with design programs and computer equipment.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design (or a related field) is preferred and 1-3 years of progressive experience involving graphic design is required
- 1-3 years of experience with Mac computers
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent design quality demonstrable across media types and subjects
- Comprehensive graphic design and production experience with ability to convert raw text and images into aesthetically pleasing graphic design for publication and exhibit
- Thorough knowledge and experience with the following programs: oAdobe Publishing System (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, InCopy, etc.) oMicrosoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience designing wireframes, site maps, and page layouts for websites and online applications
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, web standards, and ability to design for web within HTML code, E-newsletters, digital publications, ecard promotions, and other digital environments
- Thorough working knowledge of and experience with 4- to 6-color sheet fed print production process including cost-effective color placement and use of special coatings
- Sufficient in Mac environment
- Adequate photo-editing skills (retouching for skin tones, shadows, saving for print/web)
- Competent in file transfer through FTP, email, and online applications (ie. Dropbox, ShareFile, etc.)
- Adequate editorial skills (copyediting, proofreading, comprehend meaning, and maintain copy accuracy)
- Adequate in position advertising in periodicals and catalogs
- Able to cooperate with a variety of different personalities when working with in-house clients (ASTM staff), vendors, and members or authors
- Ability and willingness to specify new software, technologies, and supporting programs to improve workstation and systems
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, cooperative attitude, and flexibility •Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Time management skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail; files are kept neat and orderly for other department member access
- Ability to work independently, troubleshoot, and solve problems
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and switch direction midstream smoothly
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]