Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Must be able to work one of the below full time Central Standard Time schedules:
1. Monday-Friday: 11:30am -8:00pm CST.
2. Mon, Wed, Thurs: 1:30pm-10:00pm, Tues,Fri: 10:30am-7:00pm CST
4.Monday - Friday: 1:30pm - 10:00pm CST
5.Monday- Friday: 9:00am- 5:30pm CST
6.Monday- Friday: 6:45am- 3:15pm CST
Get ready to impact health care-one member at a time. As a Health Coach, you'll establish personal wellness plans focused on instituting healthier lifestyle patterns for our members. You'll improve you own career outlook, too. That's because UnitedHealth Group has an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. This is an inspiring job at a truly inspired organization where you will have the opportunity to help millions live healthier lives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist clients in creating healthy goals for their personal health & wellness programs
- Deliver effective telephonic/chat coaching in a manner that promotes behavior change
- Adapt telephonic/chat coaching and education methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, and age-specific needs of each client
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree; preferably in health education, nutrition, exercise physiology-nursing, or a closely related field
- 2+ years of experience in direct education and/or coaching individuals for disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change
- Basic knowledge of disease prevention (cardiovascular and diabetes) and basic understanding of exercise principles, nutrition, and weight management
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC-based word processing and database documentation (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook)
- Ability to work
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Ability to demonstrate insight into human behavior and to communicate and interact with individuals at varying levels of skill and education preparation
- Willingness to teach, learn and be open to new and innovative ways of delivering prevention lifestyle intervention services
- Certification in a nationally recognized coaching program or the ability to complete certification by the end of the first year of employment
- Ability to work between Monday-Friday 11:30am-10:00pm CST in an 8 hour shift
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $43,200 to $76,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Health Coach, Nursing, Health Education, Nutrition, Coaching, Direct Education, Coaching, Disease Prevention, Health Promotion, Behavior Change, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota