This Emerging Market Account Manager ( EMAM ) for Adult Nutrition (SAN division) will be responsible to identify new growth opportunities in expanded markets for the Client’s specialized adult nutrition product category. The EMAM is responsible for identifying new market opportunities and driving sales in outpatient healthcare channels which support therapeutic areas for which the Client’s adult nutrition specialty products are indicated. Such indications include wounds/pressure injuries, unintentional muscle loss, malnutrition, sarcopenia , dialysis, pre- and post-surgery, urinary tract health, intestinal health, and bowel management. The EMAM is responsible for prospecting new accounts as well as daily management of select current key accounts nationwide. Established industry knowledge and key customer relationships are critical for success in this role.
The IDEAL candidate would have previous experience as a dietitian, nutritionist, or as a nurse.
1. Emerging Market Strategy Development and Execution
a. Design and execute short-/long-term operating plans with focus on emerging markets aligned with company growth ambitions.
b. Own budget, customer analytics, KPIs , and reporting to senior management for all emerging markets and constantly optimize to improve the customer experience.
c. Translate market specific business intelligence (key accounts, route to market, competitive landscape, and growth drivers) to key insights and action plans; pro-actively identify opportunities and threats in the marketplace.
d. Create an Annual Market Plan for emerging markets for the SAN products.
2. Account Level Responsibilities
a. Identify and prospect key national and/or regional accounts in emerging markets where opportunity to grow the Adult Nutrition product line, as aligned with the SAN National Sales Director. Accounts may include healthcare systems, for-profit and non-profit outpatient healthcare organizations, treatment centers and clinics/medical office organizations.
b. Develop and grow relationships with the key decision makers across the identified organizations, to include HCP’s, contract and sourcing managers, purchasing personnel and other executive contacts at targeted accounts.
c. Manage bid/RFP cycles, and develop contract offerings to best position NNA products in the defined targeted accounts.
d. Work closely with SAN NSD and SAN Marketing and Medical teams to develop local plans to implement partnering and pull through strategy and tactics at targeted accounts.
e. Work closely with the SAN Medical team to evolve existing and develop new partnerships with key healthcare industry associations and organizations.
f. Develop tools with Learning & Development Team to help train and develop SAN sales team to effectively execute on pull through strategy.
g. Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing Directors and members of the Market Access and Channels Team across all client categories as applicable/when there is opportunity for other product categories, as appropriate.
h. Measure and report contract performance and refine strategies to address market response.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Experience in healthcare sales and account management
• Clinical expertise in nutrition or similar healthcare disciplines.
• Industry experience and relationships in healthcare outpatient/clinic markets strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and proven ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Collaborates well within the organization, has a positive attitude, and creates credibility with colleagues.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Proven ability to drive performance effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to develop, measure, analyze and report on key performance indicators.
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks to achieve established deadlines.
The Emerging Market Account Manager does not have direct or indirect reports.
Job is performed in an office-based environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• RD/RDN or RN credentials strongly preferred.
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience in a similar sales or healthcare business role.
• Prior experience successfully calling on large strategic healthcare accounts preferred.
• Experience in outpatient therapeutic channels such as wound care, nutrition/wellness, dialysis, or surgical clinics preferred.
• Contracting with national and regional accounts; existing relationships with customers a plus.
• Proficient in CRM applications, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word software applications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work efficiently and effectively within a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
• Exceptional attention to detail, the ability to plan strategically, and to manage multiple tasks and projects in parallel.
• Leadership skills to develop strategy for regional accounts.
• Strong communication skills; conveying concepts and strategies, orally and in writing.
• Effectively conducting meetings and making persuasive presentations.
• Excellent listening skills; seeks input, accepts feedback and adapts to change readily.
• Advanced selling skills; strategic selling, competitive selling, key account management.
• Ability to create, analyze, and comprehend marketplace data and sales analytics for use in forecasting, production, and communication with others.
• Ability to react and respond to customers based on behavioral analytics.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fluid, fast-paced team environment while meeting critical deadlines.
• Ability to influence others in making key decisions to increase sales in targeted accounts.
ALSO: 40-50% travel