Delta Community Credit Union is one of the largest and fastest growing credit union in Georgia. Our rapid growth has created additional career opportunities within the organization. We are looking for energetic, flexible, and strong customer service skills individual for the following position.
A Home Loan Specialist is responsible for originating first and second mortgage loans to be sold to investors through the secondary market as well as loans that are held in portfolio. Must have extensive knowledge of mortgage lending products such as FNMA, jumbo, and home equity and be able to apply that knowledge while assisting members with problem solving and lending decisions.
Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
• Responsibilities include but are not limited to originating first and second mortgages from application through closing using various automated systems while meeting all regulatory and compliance timeframes.
• Interviewing prospective applicants by telephone or in person, requesting and collecting pertinent documentation and physically assemble and process the file in computer software producing a completely documented mortgage loan file to meet underwriting submission guidelines.
• Use analytical skills to conduct initial loan analyses and monitor loan progress in consideration to market trends, credit quality, interest rates, economic conditions and other factors.
• Use sales skills to sell mortgage products as well as develop relationships with all parties involved in the mortgage transaction, not limited to new and existing members, real estate agents, and attorneys.
• This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.