Position Title: Human Resources Analyst
Work Location: San Antonio, TX
The Contractor shall assist the organization's office by managing, advising, administering, and delivering products or services including, but not limited to:
- Information Systems: Involves developing, delivering, managing, and maintaining HR information systems when the paramount knowledge requirements is human resource management, rather than information technology.
- Military: Involves administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting basic concepts, principles, and theories of military HR to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements of military departments and organizations. Includes:
- EPR/OPR Management. The Contractor shall maintain and update the organization's military performance reports, feedbacks, and military promotion programs IAW AFI 36-2406 and AFI 36-2401. The contractor shall provide weekly status briefings regarding the Officer Performance Report (OPR)/Enlisted Performance Report (EPR) program, including timeliness statistics; develop semi- annual briefings regarding OPR/EPR policies, duty titles and change of reporting officials, directives, and regulations; schedule/monitor EPR/OPR processing; and maintain and update information contained in databases to track and coordinate efforts.
- Classification: Involves position evaluation, establishing and maintaining a position classification program to determine appropriate pay system, occupational grouping, title and grade positions, and advising on position and organizational design; Compensation: Involves analyzing, interpreting, developing, and/or implementing laws, regulations, policies, and/or guidance involving subject matter areas within compensation administration (e.g., pay and/or leave administration) and advising on the use of compensation flexibilities to help recruit, manage, and retain employees.
- Recruitment & Placement: Involves recruiting, examining, selection and placing employees; performing job analysis; workforce planning and analysis; and advising management in identifying, attracting, and retaining a high- quality and diverse workforce that can accomplish the organizational mission.
- Employee Benefits: Involves providing guidance and consultation to agencies, employees, former employees, annuitants, survivors, and eligible family members regrading retirement, insurance, health benefits, and injury compensation.
- Human Resource Development: Involves planning, administering, or evaluation program designed to develop employees and managing learning objectives.
- Performance Management: Involves assisting managers and supervisors in establishing, maintaining, and monitoring effective performance management programs to plan, monitor, develop, rate and reward employee performance and services that support formal and informal award programs to provide employee incentives and recognition. Includes: Awards and Decorations Management. The Contractor shall assist in the submission and processing of military and civilian awards and decorations IAW AFPD 36-28 and AFI 36-2803; provide weekly status reports/briefings regarding the awards program, including timeliness statistics; and provide semi-annual briefings regarding awards policies, directives, and regulations; and maintain and update information contained in databases to track and coordinate efforts.
- Employee Relations: Involves providing advice and assistance to employees and managers, program administration, research, and case management in matters related to conduct, performance, attendance, and dispute resolution.
- Labor Relations: Involves establishing and maintaining effective relationships, including non-traditional collaborative approaches, with labor organizations that represent Federal employees, negotiating and administering labor agreements, and providing guidance and consultation to management on a variety of labor relations matters.
- Development Training: The Contractor shall support the professional and career development training program ensuring personnel training history records are complete, accurate and IAW regulatory guidelines; confirm system input and output information is correct; maintain and track Basic Developmental Education (BDE), Acquisition Program Development Plan (APDP) and Individual Development Plan (IDP); review and track Professional Military Education (PME) nomination packages and Acquisition Program Development Plan (APDP); ensures accuracy of duty/assignment histories and training information; maintain and update training data contained in databases to track and coordinate efforts; coordinate and announce developmental opportunities to personnel; monitor and ensure personnel acquire all training necessary to fulfill requirements consistent with their professional developmental and career advancement goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Provide independent assessments of the Air Force and U.S. Space Force manning posture and advise USSF/TE leadership on decision options
- Have a clear understanding of the Military Manning Processes and associate the current financial landscape to the Test & Evaluation POM & PB submissions
- Initiate, supervise, and/or develop manning requirements from a project's inception to conclusion for complex programs
- Provide strategic manning advice, technical guidance, and expertise to test range program and staff
- Provide detailed manning analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development, and/or maintenance efforts for client-specific or mission critical challenges/issues
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. citizen.
Education and/or Experience/Skills Required:
- 3+ Years experience as Human Resources Analyst
- Experience in a SCI environment with the last five (5) years
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Proven ability to be innovative and creative and capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Ability to work autonomously and interface easily with team members and senior leadership
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.