The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for assisting the HR staff The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator helps organize, coordinate and carry out all human resource department projects and processes. The HR Coordinator will track and maintain all employee data (contact information, earning rates, absences, promotions, demotions, transfers, etc.) often using paper and HRIS software.
- Coordinates the onboarding process for new employees including verification of employment forms and work authorization documentation
- Researches, analyzes, enters personnel transactions and maintains the accuracy and integrity of data within HRIS
- Administers and grades skill set test
- Assists with the administration of FMLA, ADA, and other institutional leave programs, including processing and tracking of leave and ADA accommodations.
- Assists in the day-to-day administration of benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and retirement plans.
- Processes benefits enrollment and qualified status changes for employees and retirees while maintaining online benefits eligibility and coverage records in HRIS
- Advises employees and managers on benefits and leave policies and procedures as well as employee data management processes. Maintains regular communication with employees, department representatives, and Human Resources Partners as needed.
- Identifies and implements process improvement initiatives for human resources processes and programs.
- Develops project plans for defined initiatives and coordinates across multiple work streams.
Other duties as assigned