The Human Resources Manager is responsible for performing operational and transactional principle duties and responsibilities ensuring compliant and consistent facilitation of organization wide Human Resources initiatives and practices. Will serve as a contact for all employees and answer questions regarding human Resources policies and procedures. Ensure the organizations human resources requirements are met and that the human resources strategies are implemented effectively. Partner with management to create an environment of trust and positive employee relations to foster an environment of open two-way communication.
Employee shall have the following minimum duties and responsibilities:
* Serve as a business partner to management and employees on key organizational issues to include Human Resources policies and procedures.
* Sustain an active role in the development of the Affirmative Action Program with the Director of Human Resources to develop and maintain Affirmative Action Program; file VETS 4212, and EEO-1 report annually to include maintaining records, other applicable regulatory reporting as required to ensure compliance.
* Oversee employee relations to include coaching, investigating, and resolving employee complaints/concerns, documenting issues and escalate to Director of Human Resources and management as appropriate.
* Work closely with the Director of Human Resources developing management-training programs.
* Observe and provide feedback to management on how they can be more effective in communicating priorities, setting expectations, providing resources, removing barriers to success, giving feedback, recognizing great performance and holding employees accountable when their performance is substandard.
* Partner with leadership to determine supervisor/management training needs and develop, coordinate and/or conduct training (sexual harassment/harassment, diversity, leadership, difficult conversations, performance management, etc.).
* Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources and ensure policies and procedure reporting are in compliance.
* Support the organizations performance management cycle, advising and coaching in areas of goal setting, mid-year feedback activities, and annual performance reviews to include the planning process.
* Input and maintain employee data in the HRIS system (i.e. performance reviews, employee statistics for reporting etc.).
* Be a visible presence within the organization in order to maintain a pulse of the organization and provide feedback and recommendations to the Director of Human Resources.
* Conduct applicable Human Resources audits to ensure compliance to include required legal postings on bulletin boards throughout the organization.
* Position may require protracted or irregular hours. Flexibility to work irregular hours is necessary due to client needs. Work responsibilities require out of town travel to Raba Kistner offices, client offices and project locations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Employees shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
* BA or BS Degree or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 7-10 years experience in a progressive Human Resources organization with experience as a Human Resources Manager. Full knowledge of legal implications of employment relationship. Excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills.
Highly preferred qualifications:
* Experience in a self-service Human Resources delivery model.
* Strong knowledge of progressive Human Resources applications process tools.
* Proven effectiveness at presenting information and responding to questions regarding employee issues.
* PHR or SPHR.
* Minimum of 5-7 years leadership experience in Human Resources.
* Thorough knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws governing Equal Employment Opportunity, ADA, Title VII, wage/hour issues and labor relations.
* Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suites/HRIS systems.
* Partner with employees at all levels of the organization.
* Partner with all levels of management.
* Demonstrate leadership, coaching and facilitation skills.
* Demonstrate knowledge of employment and labor laws and regulations.
* Ability to forge strong, trusting, collaborative relationships.
* Manage competing priorities in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
* Present information and respond to questions regarding employee relation issues.
* Gather, analyze, and utilize data to influence business decisions (at the direction of Director of Human Resources).
* Work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
* Resolve differences impartially through win-win resolutions.
* Proactively and continually, collaborate with colleagues to ensure positive outcomes based on business needs.
* Communicate both written and orally to present organized and through information to the intended audience.
* Stay abreast of Federal, State and Local employment laws.
* Attend professional development and training as it relates to the position.
* Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
* Present a professional appearance to best represent the firm.
* Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Key responsibilities and essential functions are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this position.
This position description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other position-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veterans