ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTHCARE, AND FACILITIES
San Antonio, TX
The Human Resource Technician is responsible for performing a variety of human resource functions to support the departments objectives of providing timely, accurate, efficient, and effective customer service to corporate and subsidiary employees.
- Process new hire paperwork via applicant tracking system as well as follow up with candidates regarding missing documentation and follow up with Corporate HR to ensure timely processing
- Conduct reference checks as required.
- Schedule pre-employment drug testing and run background checks on new hires and notify HR Manager of candidates’ eligibility for hire prior to scheduled date of hire
- Send Welcome emails within 24 hours of an employee’s hire date
- Close requisitions as candidates are hired and process notifications to candidates who were not selected for an interview
- Process Employee Action Request (EAR) changes, i.e., salary increases; project and PLC changes; and supervisor changes within 24 hours of notification and follow up with Corporate HR to ensure timely processing;
- Process TEARs as soon as notice is received that the employee is departing
- Maintain hiring records in compliance with government requirements
- Adhere to all Chenega Corporate employment policies and procedures.
- Performs referral or incumbent calls as needed
- Contact supervisors regarding 90 day evaluations 30 days in advance of the employee’s probationary anniversary date on a monthly basis; Follow up with supervisor to ensure evaluation was conducted and form received.
- Process birthday notifications weekly
- Possession of a high school diploma, or its equivalent
- Minimum Four years of responsible administrative, secretarial or clerical experience in a Human Resources environment. Up to two years of the required experience may be substituted for related college-level course work on a year-for-year basis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with applicant tracking systems is desirable
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and diligence to follow up.
- Posses good time management skills.
- Displays an outgoing personality, patience, friendliness and ability to work with a variety of people, maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Highly knowledgeable of company policies, Government regulated discrimination guidelines, acceptable interview questions and statements, and thorough understanding of company needs, programs, benefits, and culture.
- Healthcare industry knowledge a plus
- Innovative, goal-oriented and creative approach to delivering results.
- Possesses sense of urgency
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.