This is a Remote or Hybrid Remote opportunity.
Benchmark Analytics is seeking an Implementation Lead “customer whisperer” who enjoys problem solving and a process driven environment resulting in happy and satisfied SaaS customers. Work with police agencies to understand their operational context and provide a software experience that exceeds their expectations. This is a pivotal role for Benchmark as their customer base quickly grows and you will focus on implementation, training, and support.
Join Benchmark as they develop data-driven, analytic-focused, predictive software products to help revolutionize the law enforcement space and build out your career as the company grows and evolves.
- Serve as a key connector between our engineering / product teams and our customers and system users.
- Work directly with customers to drive a 10-step process with patience and sense of urgency.
- Constantly communicate with customers regarding implementation progress and provide support for live modules.
- Lead multiple implementation projects and technical software deployments.
- Review external customer product demands, develop and maintain project plans, and ensure that implementations are completed on time, within budget, and meet customer expectations.
- Implement customer training as part of each implementation.
- 2+ years of relevant technology/software implementation or software support
- Demonstrated relationships skills with internal and external customers
- Demonstrable experience with project/process management and proximity to software development
- Likes working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a small team
- Comfortable with travel, as needed, to serve the customer base (~5%)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Coding boot camp may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Able to interpret and communicate complex concepts clearly to non-technical team members
- Passionate about supporting the application of big data into consumable tools and a commitment to understanding and improving outcomes in the public sector