Purpose of Job
We are seeking 2 hardworking Information Management Analyst’s Mid-Level to work remotely and convene with team members at least 4 times per year in the San Antonio, TX or Regional Offices in Phoenix, Colorado Springs, Tampa, Plano, Charlotte, or Chesapeake.
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards. This role may be responsible for one or more information management function noted below: Metadata includes defining and detailing data ensuring the information is understood. This may include working with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or continue maintenance of the metadata. Data Quality includes defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted. This may include working with project teams to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data quality. Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing corporate risk. Data Security and Privacy includes leading the security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This may include working with other groups to ensure compliance to GLBA, FCRA, PCI DSS, etc. Master Data and Reference Data includes handling key corporate data to ensure the organization can run its operations with accurate and consistent information.
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are successfully identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages intermediate data management knowledge in support of one or many of the information management practices. This person may be acting in a steward capacity or considered a support role with expertise for the information steward as needed.
- Tasks include any of the items noted below:
- Finds opportunities for improvement in processes.
- Participates in and possibly lead discussions with multi-functional teams.
- Participates in development of standard methodologies and tools based on business needs.
- Maintains Information Asset Inventories. Ensures data and assets are classified appropriately.
- Supports delivery of information in accordance with Information Governance standards and data management practices through documentation, teamwork, and execution of defined processes.
- Maintains metadata repository and accurate metadata association.
- Reviews, validates, and records metadata and data quality information.
- Develops definitions, data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business processes.
- Develops controls to mitigate data quality risks including data quality plan development, implementing data quality rule checks, supervising data quality results, reports and dashboards, as appropriate.
- Documents and updates data quality corrective action plans.
- Supports compliance assessment process by reviewing and detailing failures from data quality compliance assessment checks.
- Recommends Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to align with Enterprise Policies and Standards.
- Builds and maintains reference data in accordance to defined processes and procedures.
- Runs quality and maintenance of master data as it is built.
- Supports archiving and purging activities of data in compliance with legal requirements in partnership with IT.
- Develops archiving and purging strategies and processes in stewardship capacity as needed.
- Supports compliance assessment process by identifying and bring up items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Handles Data Access security as needed in a steward capacity.
- Supports Privacy initiatives through classification, tagging, and analysis of sensitive data.
- Ensures compliance and remediation of sensitive data in accordance to defined policies and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Science discipline is required; OR 4 years of related data and analytics or technical experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 years of experience in an information management practice, business application function, or data delivery.
- OR If Advanced degree in a Business or Science discipline, 2 years of experience in data and analytics, technical, or business relevant function
- Intermediate experience following data management practices and theories and applying tools to implement data management to address data management risks and concerns.
- Intermediate SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
- Ability to build business knowledge through important partnerships at the individual contributor and leadership levels.
- Demonstrates skills in understanding and correcting data discrepancies, identifying data anomalies, and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Large financial institution experience with Data Quality and Data Validation methodology
- Knowledge and experience using Information Governance Catalog (IGC) and Information Analyzer (IA) or similar Information Management tools and technology
- Ability to assess and analyze information management or process gaps as well as lead the implementation / remediation of gaps
- Experience with data lineage requirements to support heightened standards data lineage from source to target reporting, including existing controls / quality checks, and detecting gaps / opportunities across data migration
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of data to aid performance monitoring and analysis
- Experience in developing analytical queries and automation procedures in SQL
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $72,900-$131,400.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.