Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work. (sm)
The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for managing multifaceted IT projects ensuring scope is delivered according to deadlines, budget, and quality standards. The Senior IT Project Manager manages enterprise wide strategic projects with complex scope and scale, and reports progress or matrix reports on a project directly to Senior Leadership. The Senior IT Project Manager develops project plans, builds project schedules, manages project meetings, communicates progress and status, enforces quality management, and identifies, responds, and manages risks, issues, and changes and manages all information technology project activities and ensures all project phases are documented appropriately. The Senior IT Project Manager serves as a mentor for other IT Project Managers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the Central Time Zone, as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides expertise and leadership skills to direct project team and ensure project and organization’s goals, philosophies, and objectives are optimally supported by information technology
- Creates and executes project plans and revises appropriately to meet changing requirements and needs. Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using the appropriate tools. Manages day-to-day operational and tactical activities of a project. Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations. Diagnoses task/procedural change issues and helps to resolve the problem
- Ensures that project documents are current and complete, as well as appropriately managed and stored. Assures that project legal documents are completed and signed. Conducts project post-mortems and creates Lessons Learned reports to identify project elements that were both successful and unsuccessful. Manages the budgeting and invoice reconciliation processes for all IT projects
- Determines the content of status reports and frequency of delivery; analyzes results of the progress reports and troubleshoot problem areas. Defines project success criteria, communicating that throughout the project team. Reviews deliverables prepared by the project team
- Understands how to communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully. Effectively communicates relevant Project information to superiors. Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies any potential crisis or issues and devises contingency plans to mitigate concerns
- Effectively applies the company’s Project Management and Software Development Lifecycles methodology and enforces Project standards. Minimizes exposure and risk on a Project. Ensures timely completion of Project level tasks. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities. Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the Project Team
- Facilitates team meetings effectively. Holds regular status meetings with the Project Team. Keeps Project Team informed of changes within the Project. Delivers informative and well-organized presentations to the Project Team and Management
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate in Information Systems degree or related technical field degree or equivalent experience (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ years of project management experience leading technical projects, including development and execution
- 3+ years of Infrastructure Delivery experience
- 3+ years of experience working all aspects of the system development life cycle (developing / writing system requirements, performing system analysis, technical design, test planning, development, testing, implementation)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Proficiency of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management including tools and techniques (formal project planning, risk / issue management, governance, cost/benefit analysis, project change controls, etc.)
- Project management certification - PMI preferred or other applicable / credentialed project management certifications
- Ability to facilitate working sessions with large, cross-functional teams (business, technical)
- Ability to present to and manage communication with business / IT executive leadership
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio
- Proficiency with system development lifecycles such as waterfall and agile
- Proficiency with infrastructure technology: virtual hosts / servers, database management systems, mass storage solutions or cloud solutions
- Familiar with process improvement techniques: business (Six Sigma, total quality management) and/or IT processes (i.e. SDLC, technical change management, agile management)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Broad understanding of at least one of the following key areas of the healthcare business: Payer, Claims, Clinical Care, Health Care Economics
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Project Manager, infrastructure, SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home