Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring an IT Manager, Enterprise Application Delivery in San Antonio, Texas with remote options available. The primary purpose of this position is to lead IT team(s) in the development, delivery and support of innovative technical solutions and practices that advance IT division objectives and standards aligned with PenFed strategy. The manager will promote the engagement and professional development of employees within assigned responsibility areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manages development and implementation of technical solutions in the relevant IT technical discipline in support of IT division objectives and PenFed strategy goals
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with IT and business stakeholders; gains understanding of business needs to act as a trusted advisor
- Ensures cost-effective delivery of technology solutions to meet the needs of business stakeholders
- Manages multiple complex IT projects through all stages of the software development lifecycle through all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Promotes industry best practices and supports IT division standards
- Ensures compliance with IT division technology and security standards, governance processes, and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise
- Monitors production, outputs, and services to ensure that SLAs, and other IT division quality metrics, are met
- Maintains and controls budget, schedule, and team resources
- Manages vendors and service providers within team function
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the team’s assigned function and responsibilities
- Meets regularly with direct reports to ensure high employee engagement
- Meets regularly with the team to gather work statuses and discuss progress and obstacles
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback
- Promote culture of high-performance, continuous improvement and commitment to quality and accountability
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with PenFed IT division organizational goals
- Documents and presents performance assessments
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Eight years of IT industry work experience with three to five years of supervisory/Assistant Manager experience
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team-building
- Effective time management, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of the technologies, methodologies and practices in the relevant IT technical discipline
- Requires experience in managing multiple IT teams/functions and building relationships with people at a variety of levels
- Knowledge of the roles, skills and technical knowledge required to achieve goals within the relevant IT technical discipline
- 3 - 5 years digital banking experience
- Enterprise crimes prevention, detection and analytics experience
- Enterprise Payments experience
- Salesforce delivery
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Industry and academic certifications in related technical discipline(s)
Licenses and Certifications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise. *Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.