*Kelly is actively recruiting for Direct Hire – Laboratory Manager in San Antonio, TX.*
Supervise laboratory operations and have direct contact with the laboratory client base. Responsible for all laboratory operations related to the generation and communication of testing results. Authority to delegate responsibility for laboratory operations to the Chemistry Operations Manager and work closely with the Chemistry Technical Manager.
* Manage laboratory operations to maintain quality and efficiency, monitoring KPIs
* Oversee training of new and current laboratory personnel in laboratory procedures and protocols
* Ensure that sound chemical techniques are applied to the daily workload
* Maintenance of all laboratory personnel training, reviews, and goal setting/personal growth
* Information liaison for Human Resources with regard to staff changes and adjustments, including staff vacation and leave
* Review and approve laboratory expenditures, including outside lab testing, shipping, and supply orders
* Ensure that all quality control procedures and documentation are in compliance and up to date with ISO 17025 guidelines
* Ensure that all technical procedures are up to date and properly followed in collaboration with the Chemistry Technical Manager and the Chemistry Operations Manager
* Review and approval of final technical reports going out to clients to include spreadsheets, special projects, and contract research
* Independently pursue and have a working knowledge of processes, procedures, or techniques in accordance with the Client Methods Manual, Quality Manual, Chemical Hygiene Plan, Safety Manual, and approved laboratory procedures
* Provide guidance to the Chemistry Operations Manager and Laboratory Supervisors to ensure that all laboratory processes are managed with the highest quality and efficiency
* Authority to approve laboratory supply orders and invoices related to supplies, shipping, and contract services
* Authorized to order repair services for malfunctioning equipment as well as request new equipment with the proper price quotations
* Communicate directly with clients on laboratory capability, results, pricing, and related topics
* Travel is required and at the discretion of management
* Directly supervises 5 – 8 managers, supervisors, and senior staff
* Indirect supervision and oversight of up to 45 incumbents, variable by volume
* Carries out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, standard operating procedures and best practices.
* Responsibilities includes interviewing, hiring, training and mentoring employees; evaluate performance of assigned personnel, monitor performance action plans for employees, improve operational efficiencies by focusing on customer service and maximizing production and profit; will direct work flow; maintain harmony in the workplace and professional business demeanor at all times.
*Education & Experience:*
* BS required in Chemistry, Food Science, Biology, or related life science degrees
* Advanced degree preferred (MS, Doctorate, or MBA)
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
* Experience in a chemical testing environment (Food testing experience strongly preferred)
* Five years of experience in a commercial analytical testing lab
* More than 3 years in direct staff leadership role, including performance reviews, hiring, growth planning, and scheduling
* ISO 17025 regulated experience
*Physical Demands/Work Environment:*
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other communications/computer components
* Potential exposure to odors, fumes, airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, and microbiological pathogens
* Noise level varies from quiet to loud
* Temperature varies from hot to cold
* Interactive and fast-paced team oriented tasks
* Overnight Travel is required at the discretion of management
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
* Color vision and depth perception
*If you feel you have the knowledge and expertise, apply today to connect with a Kelly professional who will work to enrich your life.*
*You should know:* Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of [benefits](https://www.mykelly.us/us-mykelly/perks/)?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. [Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.](https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)