BACKGROUND: Since 1952, Beacon Group has been creating opportunities for people with disabilities across Southern Arizona, Phoenix and beyond. As a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, Beacon serves over 1,700 people with disabilities each year. Beacon provides job training and placement, supported and center-based employment, and day treatment programs to assist the more than two-thirds of working-age people with disabilities who do not have a job. As a Beacon employee, you can be a part of delivering our mission and improving the lives of people with disabilities.
POSITION INTRODUCTION: The laborer will primarily perform tasks that require mainly physical abilities and effort involving little or no specialized skill or prior work experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use chemicals to perform general cleaning in industrial areas to include sweeping, mopping, and wiping down surfaces.
- Remove debris and garbage from walkways, entrances, and industrial buildings.
- Empty trash receptacles in common areas of buildings.
- Use industrial cleaning equipment to clean work bays and aisle ways.
- Use industrial cleaning equipment to spot clean carpets and floor tiles.
- Move equipment, supplies, and materials to proper location using equipment such as a wheelbarrow or hand truck.
- Stack material for storage or binning, collect refuse and salvageable materials, and dig, fill, and tamp earth excavations.
- Perform general landscaping such as cut trees, brush, and operate power lawnmowers.
- Move and arrange heavy pieces of office and household furniture, equipment, and appliances.
- Perform snow removal using tools and equipment such as shovels, snow blowers, and tractors. This also includes the application of sand and/or ice melt to roads, and walkways to prevent potential safety hazards.
- Operate equipment such as scissor lifts to remove icicles from building eaves up to 125 feet in the air.
- Act as an escort for third-party contractors performing work in specific areas in which a security clearance is needed to gain access.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to gain government security clearance.
- Valid State Driver's License (Must have held license for a minimum of one year).
We are an Ability One Program and will give preference to those applicants with a documented disability. This includes veterans with disabilities and wounded warriors.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - qualified females, minorities, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply.