Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference” philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?
The Lead Bartender is responsible for mixing and serving drinks to guests. S/he will ensure legal age limits for all alcohol consumption. The Lead Bartender assists in maintaining and managing the La Cantera Resort and Spa Standards.
The Bartender shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the La Cantera Resort and Spa Culture as the Employer of Choice!
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction
- Mixes ingredients to prepare cocktails and other beverages according to recipe
- Maintains cleanliness of walk-ins and reach-ins
- Adheres to all La Cantera Resort and Spa policies
- Ensures cleanliness of bar and glassware
- Takes food and beverages orders, using POS system to ring items in
- Ensures opening, ongoing and closing sidework is complete and signed off by a manager on duty
- Counts money in cash drawers at end of shift to ensure the amounts are correct and there is adequate change
- Ensures end of shift bank is balanced with appropriate procedures followed in daily drop
- Obtains credit cards to begin tabs
- Must ensure bookkeeping and proper payment is received
- Maintains season liquor, beer and wine pars
- Responsible for daily requisition completion
- Properly reports tips and hours at the end of each shift using the proper documents for recording
- Ensures supplies/ingredients are properly stocked before, during and after shift
- Checks identification to verify age requirements for alcohol purchase/consumption
- Offers menu advise and suggestions to guests
- Assists the restaurant team as needed
- Maintains a strong knowledge of beverage trends
- Attends monthly mandatory department meeting and appropriate resort and division meetings
- Resolves guest issues promptly and with great care and effectiveness
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of La Cantera Resort and Spa
- including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Communicates all pertinent information to the restaurant team
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Ensures proper handling, cleaning and sanitation of equipment, china, glass and silver.
- Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all La Cantera Resort and Spa dress code standards
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all time
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- High school education required
- At least one year resort server experience preferred
- At least one year food & beverage experience preferred
- At least six months experience with POS systems preferred
- At least one year bartending experience preferred
- At least one year of customer service experience required
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking and stair climbing.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs;
- Must be able to bend, squat, push and pull frequently;
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, squeezing, overhead reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.